Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Donald Trump Should Be Sent To Prison For The Rest Of His Life + Tim Holt

Tonight's movie was "Rio Grande Patrol", a 60 minute Tim Holt Western, so I don't have a lengthy description for you because the plots in these films have a certain set of ingredients that are interchangeable. It's not a case of "if you've seen one you've seen 'em all" because each film does have it's own story, but the structures are all similar variations on the Good Guys vs. Bad Guys theme. Hour long Western such as Holt's or Jack Starrett's were usually distributed as serials, to be shown as part of a Saturday afternoon matinee accompanying a longer more standard feature.

I love 'em, of course, or I wouldn't watch 'em, but there isn't much to describe in the way that I usually break down the plot for you, spoiler that I am.  :)

I do love to see the Iverson Ranch used in almost every movie. It was used in Starrett's "Durango Kid" flicks as well, and there are always a few scenes in each film where the action winds up at The Garden Of The Gods, with it's unmistakable towering boulders. In this picture, Tim Holt and his partner Chito Rafferty (the comic relief) are border patrol agents, which is timely for today, except that Tim and Chito are decent guys and would never take part in the actions of ICE vis-a-vis the Trump Camps that imprison children. I will try not to politicize my movie reviews because you hear enough bad news all day long, but as I was watching the movie, the issue stood out enough that I felt a need to mention it.

Plus, I detest Trump with a passion as you know. You do too or you wouldn't be reading this. But I am sorry to say I have given up on the Democrats doing anything about him. We sat there for two years, waiting for Robert Mueller to kick his butt and, sorry to say again, but Mueller turned out to be a major disappointment. He seems to be a Mythical Figure who is never heard from in public, and his much vaunted "Report" was watered down and then co-opted and further watered down to the point of irrelevance by the arch A-Hole William Barr. So Trump won again.

He might very well win re-election and nothing punitive at all will ever happen to him. I mean, whatever happened to the supposed New York investigation of him? Whatever happened to "Individual One"? Nothing ever came of that, either.

But no matter what happens, Trump will never, ever, succeed as a "president" (lower case "p" and quotation marks are essential here). Worst case scenario is four more years of the same pointless chaos. The press and his own dwindling staff will keep him in check......hopefully.

But what will become of America in the process? What will become of the Idea Of America?

Will Trump have permanently lowered the bar so that the "presidency" becomes an Executive Branch version of Reality TV? I sure hope not. That is why I am so dismayed by the Democratic failure to hold Trump accountable. It doesn't matter if you don't have enough votes to remove him from office.

Impeach him anyway.

Why? Because he is a criminal. It bears repeating that Trump is not just an obnoxious person but a proven criminal. This makes it imperative to begin impeachment proceedings, whether you have the votes to remove or not.

I mean, look - if Joe Biden is the candidate, Trump is gonna get re-elected anyway. Might as well get something for your trouble, and who knows,,,,,,,,an impeachment investigation might just force people like the very disappointing Robert Mueller and the lowlife treasonous William Barr and the phony baloney Hope Hicks to testify.......and it might reveal to the nation, on camera, some testimony of the litany of criminal evidence against Donald Trump, which could, in a just world if we are ever to have that again, lead not only to removal from office for Trump, but to his imprisonment.

Trump needs to be put in prison if America is going to recover from his "presidency".

He needs to be imprisoned because he is a criminal who became president through fraudulent means, helped by the evil and murderous Putin, and if that weren't enough, he then used his position to commit further crimes to enrich himself, and to destroy the image of the Presidency as a position of Honor, and to nearly destroy our democracy in the process.

If Donald Trump doesn't deserve to go to prison for the rest of his life, I don't know who does.

Do you?  /////

That will have to count as my review of "Rio Grande Patrol" starring Tim Holt, who I would vote for in a heartbeat against Trump. I love my old Western movies with real heroes, not fake ones, where the Good Guys will surely go after the Bad Guys, but they won't screw over the ordinary folks nor especially the downtrodden in the process. ////

That's all I know for tonight. I should have some new full length movies coming soon. In the meantime I'll be listening to Hellhammer and reading my Robert Heinlein book......  :)

See you in the morning.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment