Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Good Friday 2015 (The Toast)

Quick question: do you mind me writing about us? I hope it's okay. If not, just give me a sign and I will stop. Also, if you ever want to talk for any reason, you can get my phone number and/or email from the Birthday Card Person, who was also in the car with us at Cleveland High on Halloween Night 2014. I believe you know who I mean. 

I'd like to return to 2014, and actually to Good Friday 2015, which I outlined in another blog, but before I do that, I have another quick question: did you ever come to Pearl's house on occasions other than that Halloween night? I've had recollections - unverified bits and pieces, as yet without context - that you came over at least once for a Blessing Ritual or something like that. It was something metaphysical that you were in charge of. I'll meditate on it to remember it more clearly.

And now, to Good Friday, which in 2015 was on April 3. I mentioned in an earlier blog that I sang in choir that evening, that the service likely ended around 8pm, and that I spoke with your Mom in the parking lot. She complimented me on my voice (very kind of her), and when this memory came back, I vividly remembered us talking about music, harmony singing, and specifically those kinds of vocal groups. Your Mom was a fan of the greats of 1950s rock, and she definitely "knew her stuff" on the subject.

We talked for a few minutes, possibly about other things as well. I don't recall if Pearl was with me, or if she was still inside the church with her friends, but when she came out, your Mom (who knew Pearl) proposed that we go over to your house for a Good Friday toast. Pearl may have declined, at first. After all, she was 90. But your Mom said, "Just a quick toast. C'mon, Pearl. It won't take long. I have some champagne", etc.

I think Pearl's daughter was with us, and she convinced her Mom to go. Being Pearl's caregiver, I would've done whatever was decided. I think you were waiting in your Mom's car.

We did end up following you guys to your house, for the Good Friday toast.

But before we left the church, something happened. A man came out to the parking lot, saw us talking, heard our plan, and asked if he could come along. I think the answer may have been "no", or "it's private", but he followed us there anyway, though he was not invited into the house.

We had our champagne toast and talked for a little while. 

Then there was a commotion, and the man was in the house. He entered the dining area. Someone (a young lady? Perhaps your sister or a friend?) had been asked to keep an eye on the man, who was lurking by the front door, refusing to leave, and I believe she said she tried to keep him out but he kept ringing the bell and demanding to be let inside. And when she finally opened the door, he brushed past her, came to the table and sat down.

(I'm gonna stop here. I'll continue later unless you say not to)

I love you. 💗

No comments:

Post a Comment