I loved today's pictures and I also like your dress, hat and purse. It's super cool to see M with you. You guys are not only longtime friends but also two-thirds of the 2014 Halloween Crew (or 2/4ths if you include me). I've never been to Knotts at Halloween, but........(er....um)...canIgowithyounexttime? 😁
I noticed you've made a couple of Mamas & Papas references in your posts (one just yesterday), and it rang another memory bell. Did your Mom say she played you their music when you were little and they became a favorite of yours? Do I have any part of that right? (on a side note, I came out of Ralphs tonight and walked toward my car. I was parked in the same area as always. You can see the sign of the pizza place across the street, and I never gave it much notice before, but tonight I thought "that's perfect" Why?
(drum roll please).......Because it's Big Mama's & Papa's Pizzeria.
Your summer concert got me thinking about all the great vocal groups of the '60s. I was gonna do a list (I'm still working on it), but in Googling for research, I came across BMI's Top 100 Songs of the 20th Century. You probably already know what BMI stands for (Broadcast Music, Inc.), and that they are to music airplay and publishing what Neilsen is to TV ratings. Anyway, by their Top 100 Songs, they mean "the most played by radio and TV stations". Guess what the most-played song of all-time is?
"You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling" by The Righteous Brothers.
#2 is "Never My Love" by The Association
Pretty cool, eh? You know you some good music! One last question for tonight: Did your Mom mention Denny Doherty as one of her favorite singers? Or one of yours?
I Love You and hope you're having a great week so far. 💗💗
No comments:
Post a Comment