Saturday, August 31, 2019

"What Happened In Northridge", a preliminary + Dianne Lake

I haven't got a movie for you tonight because I watched the eighth episode of Steven Spielberg's "Taken", which I must say was mindblowing. There is a lot of stuff in this series that intrigues me personally because of the covert military activity that took place in the wake of the Roswell Incident and the coverup that continues to this day. As you surely know if you have read this blog for a while, the incident known as "What Happened In Northridge", or more recently that I just call "1989", also involved a secret team of soldiers, and beyond that, the leadership of a small cadre of men whose authority was nebulous and hard to pin down, but which was most likely affiliated with the CIA. When I say a "small cadre", I was really only aware of two men who appeared to be in charge of the situation at different locations. I usually don't mention these men by name anymore, but I will tonight. One was Bill Clinton, who was in charge of the entire operation, if you can call it that. The other man was Jerry Brown, former Governor of California, who was present at the Wilbur Wash location at Wilbur and Valerio Streets in Reseda. He arrived at that location in a covered Army truck with a group of soldiers, over whom he had command.

Jerry Brown was in charge of the soldiers, but Bill Clinton was in charge overall.

Make of it what you will, you can even laugh if you choose, or roll your eyes or just say, "huh"? I have noted that I might look askance myself if someone were to tell me such a tale.

But it's the truth and it's been the truth for thirty years now, and it will always be the truth because it actually happened.

I realize that the above descriptions give little to no context as to what I am talking about, but I am assuming on the part of longtime regular blog readers at least a working knowledge of the events of September 1989. I have written enough about my experience over the past twenty years, including an entire 800 page recounting in my 2006 book, which was published on Myspace, that if you've followed me for some or all of that time, you should have some familiarity with "What Happened In Northridge".

I mention all of this because over the next couple of nights, maybe even the next several, I am going to be writing about What Happened In Northridge once again, for the simple reason that this weekend marks the 30th anniversary of the start of that experience. By my best estimate, based on years of dedicated research, the entire series of events lasted for twelve days, from September 1st until September 12, 1989.

If you were to measure by the day of the week rather than the date, then tonight would mark the 30th anniversary, because the whole thing began - without any doubt whatsoever - on a Friday night at the start of Labor Day weekend. In 1989, the date of that Friday night was September 1st. In 2019, September 1st will fall on the Sunday of Labor Day weekend, by which point in 1989 the horrific events were well underway. But measure it however you wish, by day or by date, this is the weekend that it all began, thirty years ago on a Friday night, with a minor but important preliminary event the night before, on Thursday August 31, 1989. These initial events took place at an apartment complex in Reseda, California called Concord Square. You can Google that name if you wish. Concord Square is located on Sherman Way, near the intersection of Lindley Avenue.

I want to reassure anyone who does intend to read these next few blogs that I will not be writing to disparage anyone, nor do I think I have ever done so, even when I was irate about the situation, back when the memories were new to me in 1997-2006. Much time has passed, and I am at peace with the whole thing in every way but one : I still need to know what happened to me, and by not knowing I am not at peace at all.

Knowing what happened to me is more important than you can possibly imagine, and it drives me to continue on in my life. I have often thought to myself that it's a wonder I am still standing.

Everything in my life is secondary to my need to know what happened to me between the dates of September 1st and September 12th, 1989.

Every day of my life, I get up and live with this question, and it is not easy for me to deal with, to put it mildly.

And so, because we are now at the 30th anniversary, I will be writing a blog or two, or maybe three, about it. I mention it in advance in case any readers wish to avoid the subject, although I would argue against avoidance as that is what has brought us to this standstill.

I have just this evening finished Dianne Lake's book about her life as part of Charles Manson's "Family" when she was only 14 years old. It is a story so profound as to bring you to tears, and it is also my Book Of The Year recommendation. But I mention it tonight because, at the very end of her book, on the last page, she talks about the destructiveness of keeping secrets. She herself kept her past life secret from her children for 35 years, until a news item forced her to reveal to them the truth, which resulted in the writing of her book, and in a spiritual cleansing that has freed her from her past. I mention this because I know of people who are still holding tightly to the secrets of September 1989, which they pretend not to know of, but in truth they are holding this secret knowledge inside themselves and have been doing so for thirty years.

I would encourage these folks to read Dianne Lake's book. She can tell you what holding a destructive secret inside yourself can do to you. /////

See you tomorrow night.   xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment