Monday, September 16, 2019

Hey Elizabeth! (huge congratulations) + Odds & Ends

Hey Elizabeth! Wow, super big-time congratulations on the Versus Me billboard! I saw the band photos of James and the drummer a couple of weeks ago on your FB, and I assumed it was your latest photo shoot for them, but I didn't know it was gonna be part of a promo campaign! Is your photo also gonna be the album cover? Wow again, and triple wow. That makes two Septembers in a row that you have had your work displayed outdoors on a large format surface. I just think it's great and as always I am super happy for you! I am glad you've kept your association with James and Versus Me and I remember the funny posts he would make a few years ago when you first started working with them.

Great work, Elizabeth. As you said in your recent FB post about your photo of the Barry sisters, "how time flies", and it's amazing to think that was seven years ago this week, and now here you are with your work on a billboard. That's the kind of thing I mean when I talk about looking at the big picture in life, and seeing how things add up over time. That is how you see your intent at work, over a period of time. I can remember when you did that photo session with the sisters, because you had mentioned to me that you were going to photograph two redheads. That was the Summer of 2012, and I know I was badgering you at the time (remember the Agalloch show?) about finishing another cover song to follow up "Autre Temps", and you were thinking about changing your major at UW, and then you said you knew these two sisters you were gonna photograph......that was a fun summer.

And think of all that has happened since then.  :):)

Well again, congratulations, and I predict more good things to come. I've been right so far.  :):)

I've been watching a lot of movies lately, as usual. Notable was a French comedy from the early 1930s called "Le Million", which was an absolute gem, highest recommendation. I also finished "Taken", the 2002 Steven Spielberg miniseries about Alien Abduction, which was mindblowing for the most part, but I was disappointed - just a tad - in the direction the show took in the final few episodes, and in the overblown philosophical ending. I felt as if the writer - Leslie Bohem - used his lead character in order to voice his own philosophical beliefs, which I disagreed with wholeheartedly. I still give the 15 hour epic an 8/10 rating overall, and two huge thumbs up and a high recommendation, but I also felt, near the end, that Bohem the writer should have kept his ego out of the script, as his pronouncements were not half as brilliant as he may have thought.

Now you are going, "man, I've gotta watch 'Taken', so I can see what Ad is talking about"!

And you should watch it, because it is mostly amazing. I wish it had concentrated more on the nuts and bolts of the abductions - which it started out to do - instead of getting sidetracked by the various plot devices involving lead characters from the FBI and the military, and their warring desires to gain control over the hoped for Alien capture scenario. I'll stop harping on it, but I hate when New Agers try to take over legitimate UFO phenomenology i.e. things that have really happened, and turn it into a big, shapeless feel good mush.

Well, now I'm probably over criticizing the show, because it really has a ton of awesome stuff, but those last couple of episodes were a bit of a let down, not because of the plot but because of the voice-overs of Leslie Bohem's philosophy.

Well, the hell with it Ad! The second season of "Project Blue Book" is coming up, so stick with that.

Yeah, you're right. That show has been aces in every episode.

Rams won today, big time over Saints, and even though Brees got knocked out with a hand injury early on, it wouldn't have made much difference had he played the entire game, so quit bitching, Saints fans. Rams are looking badass so far.

We had good singing in church this morning, too.

I hope you had a nice weekend. I've still got a few things to catch up on, and I am reading "Growing Things" by Paul Tremblay too. I call him "The Trembler", and I think he is the closest thing to Stephen King since Stephen King. Man is he great.

See you in the morning with truckloads of love in between.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):) 

No comments:

Post a Comment