Sunday, December 3, 2023

An Important Documentary

Last night I watched a documentary called "Nazi Collaborators: The Croatian Collaborator", specifically about a war criminal who was caught in Argentina in 1998 and finally brought to justice, but more broadly about the fascist Ustashi movement in Croatia that arose in the 1920s, led by Ante Pavelich and modeled on Mussolini's brand of fascism, and which found a more powerful ally in Hitler.

I urge you to watch this documentary. It shows how the Catholic hierarchy in Italy (one bishop in particular) helped facilitate the post-war emigration of Croatian Nazis to other countries like Australia, Argentina, Boliva, Chile and elsewhere, at a time when France and Britain allegedly weren't aware of Croatian war crimes or even the existence of death camps in that country.

I have a particular reason for my interest in this subject, as those closest to me know.

I find it reprehensible that men (and even a few women) who committed such heinous crimes were subsequently not only allowed into America but protected once they got here, or at least were "looked the other way" at by officials who were aware of their presence. I imagine there must've been some "value" to having them here, to those who helped them emigrate. Some value besides a common cause or belief system. I know that, in Operation Paperclip, the Nazis who were brought here were scientists like Werner Von Braun, but that's not the case with some others, at least not that I know of. What's uncanny, as it pertains to my life, is how these guys change their names and birth dates (at least their birth years). As far as the name change goes, it's kind of clever when you discover it. It's like they are "hiding in plain sight", but as the documentary points out, the Croatian death camp guard who was found in Argentina was not a well-known person. He was not a Mengele or Klaus Barbie, so it was easier for him to hide. Yet he was still a monster; as a 24-year-old, he was named the commandant of the horrific Jasenovac death camp, and because it took a relatively long time for the world to learn the depth of Croatia's Nazi activity and collaboration with the Germans, it was easier for those in the Ustashi movement, like this man who was not well known, to move to another country and hide post-war, and again, as the documentary points out, they often had the help of officials in the Catholic hierarchy.

Now, I want to emphasize in the extreme that I do not mean the Catholic Church as a whole. I hate it when people lazily say "The Catholic Church did this..." or "The Catholic Church did that..." in reference to the child molestation scandal or Nazi emigration or whatever. That's like saying "The Police Department kills black men", or even a lesser charge like "Republicans are crooks", or "Liberals are good", or "University professors are intelligent". As far as the Catholic Church is concerned, the amount of good it has done in the world is enormous, beyond just promoting faith in Jesus Christ. I am not dogmatic, as far as my own beliefs are concerned. I am not a member of any Christian denomination, but have found wonderful fellowship in the Methodist church, where I sang in the choir for over five years, and for historical purposes (the history of the time of Jesus and the early fathers), I am fascinated by Catholicism and also by Orthodox Christianity. A tremendous book I've recommended many times is "Genesis, Creation and Early Man" by Fr. Seraphim Rose, an American Orthodox priest from California who died in 1982.

But yeah, don't say "The Catholic Church helped Nazis to escape". Say instead, "Men who were in the Catholic hierarchy helped Nazis to escape." If Jesus was-and-is The Church (some say the congregants are the church), then He is what the Church is; not individual men.

The Croatian man in the movie, the death camp commandant, is trapped by a television interviewer. When confronted about his history, he (speaking in Spanish), at first downplays the conditions and practices at Jasenovac, saying that no one was killed there, and that "you would get in trouble if you killed someone". But when presented with evidence, he then changes his tune and says that he was just a low-level functionary. Then he admits he was an "administrator" or something like that, and finally, at his trial (in Croatia in 1998), he maintains he was a Freedom Fighter, fighting against Bolshevism.

And onscreen we see the horrific evidence presented by photographs taken at his camp. Those present, interviewed for the documentary, say that he laughed throughout his trial, so much so that the judge had to reprimand him. He was, in other words, completely unrepentant.

Well anyway, this is a very important documentary. Especially if you've ever been involved with a Croatian war criminal.  

It's no joke what was done to me, folks. It was actually beyond fucking belief. I know all the participants by now, and I know that it wasn't just Lillian and Terry. It was Lillian and Chris, and her Dad, and other people too. I am learning some very dark, sick stuff. Dark and evil beyond measure. I can remember very specific incidents that took place at 9032. Confrontations, sexual acts. The object, or part of it, was a ritual humiliation of me. August 1989 was a preliminary to what happened that September, but in some ways it was even worse.

The time is right to come clean on things. You should be honest with yourselves about what you remember, because if I can remember these things, after all this time, then I have no doubt you guys can remember them, too. In fact, I know you remember. I was the one who had my memory erased, not you. And if I remember what happened in 1989, after 34 years and after having my memory deliberately erased, then so do you. I know you guys know exactly what I'm talking about. And again, to reiterate, I know all the participants, even those on the sidelines (with money and connections) who have associations with the people directly involved. It's a mistake to think I don't know you. And for you on the sidelines, it doesn't matter your career, your family or connections. Your University degree doesn't matter, nor any pedigree you may believe you have. In the end, you will be sunk with everyone else connected to this fucking thing, because you don't know (you never knew) what you are fucking with.   

Don't wait to talk to someone about these things. The person you should really talk to is me. Believe it or not, I can help.

Because, in the end, the karmic result of all of this will not be good, and in fact it will be phenomenal in the most literal sense of that word, if you continue to hold these things inside your psychic system. As it currently stands, by holding these horrific memories in, you are poisoning yourselves, and it's only going to get worse if you continue. //// 

No comments:

Post a Comment