Monday, April 1, 2024

April 1, 2024

 I walked by Freda's house this evening. I tell myself not to use hippie phrases, superlatives like "I blew my mind" because I want to articulate my feelings with a finer point, but right now that will have to suffice, if only because I'm tired, having walked 3.5 miles (and did you see the SpaceX launch at 7:30? Man, it was awesome!)

I walked by Freda's, and I stood there for a moment, looking at her house from the sidewalk. As I mentioned in the last blog, she passed away in 2018, so she doesn't live there now, but I got goosebumps remembering when she did. And I was in her living room one day, with her and several amazing people. That meeting is now a certainty. Lys may have been there. Ann, too. Remember the quote I mentioned from the last blog, in which one of the guests said (paraphrase), "I never followed astrology, but this lady knows her stuff"? I think it was either Ann or Lys who said that. One or both of them were definitely there, as in 100% for certain. And we had some kind of ceremony, like a prayer circle, with incense. It was a hot day. Freda passed out soft drinks and iced tea.

Some of this I told you in the last blog, but the memory was new when I wrote about it. Now, I've been meditating on it for a few days, and when I walked to Freda's tonight, and I saw the cul-de-sac to the west of her house, I got hit with another recollection: some of the ladies parked in that cul-de-sac. Maybe Lys.

When I first wrote about this meeting , I said that you and I were there, and "maybe" some other people, but "maybe" is now "definitely". I'd say, besides me and you, there were five to six other people, including Freda and one of her boarders. Freda rented rooms to CSUN students, and she mentored a lot of young people, also. 

I'm just gonna throw this out there, and I may be entirely wrong, but I'm getting the notion that Helen was there. Was Helen there? Why am I getting that notion?

Well, anyhow, I am indeed "blowing my mind" now, because the meeting at Freda's house, and the ceremony and the parked cars - the whole deal - confirms that the Clandestine Car Rides were real.

And the phone calls that set them up.

That's so astounding to me (in a good way) that it gives me hope for the future. I would love to know what you think about the fact that I'm remembering this stuff. I'm almost ready to confirm our "movie and lunch date" too. We went to a Thai place in the NoHo/Burbank area. You had discovered it and wanted me to try it because we used to go to Thai Gourmet. I wanted to keep the fortune from my fortune cookie, but you said no (and no to my movie ticket stub) because it could jog my memory and then you (or both of us) could get in trouble. I could swear we saw "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" or "Tom and Jerry: The Movie". I see myself wearing a red-checked shirt with a pocket where I put the fortune and the ticket stub. We talked during lunch, and I wanted you to know I was staying in shape. I told you I was playing basketball, even running a little bit. You liked my red-checked shirt. You mentioned the passage of time, and that you'd soon be 29 "and after that, 30". You were shocked to be leaving your twenties.

Man....I have got to find out where that restaurant was. I think you said it was a recent discovery, hidden in a strip mall or something. Maybe in a small shopping center. The only movie theater I know in that area is the Laemmle NoHo. Maybe the restaurant was near the theater, or maybe both were near Universal City. Anyhow, the "movie and lunch date" is 99% confirmed.

Hypnotism was used to make me not remember the meeting at Freda's house, the "movie and lunch date" or any of the Clandestine Car Rides. That's okay; I'm sure they had their reasons, meaning ONI or whomever was running the show. But I wonder if I'm blowing anyone else's mind by remembering stuff that was blocked from my memory over thirty years ago. Am I? I'm sure blowing my mind, and the Freda Meeting takes the cake (well, almost, because there are other, more personal memories from the Car Rides that I won't publicize).

I remember Lys had a box of Tic Tacs...

I hope I can nail down dates for these things, because I see them as a continuous or ongoing experience, part of a "program", as I've recently mentioned.

Well, anyhow. I haven't watched any movies for a while, but I need to watch "Millennium" and "The Package". Those are from 1989, of course, but on a nicer note, I should also watch "Snow White" and "Tom and Jerry".  Recently, I've been watching Vietnam documentaries: the one with Walter Cronkite, and a Canadian one called "Vietnam" The 10,000 Day War". I have a lot of respect now for General William Westmoreland, who was vilified in the press over the years. I also watched "The World at War", the legendary BBC series about World War Two, narrated by Sir Laurence Olivier. That documentary should be required viewing in every school and every home in every country. More than any other program I've ever seen, it shows what war is, and what it does.

Every day, I get up, have my coffee and oatmeal, then I start writing. I like to listen to Klaus Schulze. He helps me think. "Cyborg" is my secret weapon. 

Every night, I listen to a Wagner opera. Not the whole thing, because his operas are 3 to 4 hours long. Just an hour to 90 minutes. They help me to relax and fall asleep. My favorite is "Parsifal". I could listen to it for a hundred nights in a row.

I've got to find a hospital in Burbank. It might be St. Joseph's. It also might not be. I'd know it by it's parking lot. I wish Pat Fordyce was here. He could show me. But maybe I can find it by myself. 

I need to, it's important. 

No comments:

Post a Comment