Saturday, December 2, 2017

Cashiers Of Cinema + Why Can't 1989 Be Discussed?

No movie review tonight. My friend David F. came over for a CSUN walk instead, but I will resume my Critiques du Cinema in short order. That's my American version of the famous French movie magazine from the 1950s that was called "Cahiers du Cinema". The founders of that mag were prominent French film critics, but I didn't know that. I always thought they were guys who worked at the theater and got to see a lot of movies for free, and thus became reviewers "by osmosis" as my Mom would say. You know, just by absorbing all those films every night. I always thought they were the "Cashiers du Cinema", the guys that worked in the box office. I figured that the French spelling just left the "s" out.

The "Cashiers du Cinema" saw a ton of movies. Every night, once the ticket sales were done, they closed the box office and went to sit in the theater with the audience and catch the latest flick. And after seeing a ton of 'em, they figured they could write as good a review as any critic, and so they started their magazine.

So that's what I am doing, just taking a cue from the Cashiers du Cinema and writing my own reviews, as a Movie Schmo.

I've gotta interrupt here to say that this is another instance where you've gotta say it my way or we're not gonna proceed any further.  ;)

So - it's "Cashiers" or else.......(do you agree?)........

Okay, good. We'll continue. :)

As a simple rule, for future reference and to save time, all French spellings are the way I say 'em.

I wish I had something to write about. I am waiting with great anticipation for my next letter from the CIA, in reply to the appeal I sent them on November 15 concerning my original FOIA request, which was denied. I am hoping they will give me something to work with, even if my appeal is denied, which of course I hope it isn't. I just wanna know what happened to me. I have never in my life heard of any subject - any subject! - that absolutely cannot be talked about. I mean, here we are in the New Millennium, everything is out in the open, including hardcore WW2 secrets (as reported here from time to time). We are now busting open the secrets of Gender abuse, long held tight in Hollywood and Washington and everywhere else. There are books about Mars and the Moon that suggest both were host to Ancient Civilisations. We can surmise that the Giant Scar on Mars was caused by a Scalar Weapon during a Cosmic Battle of Long Ago.

 We know for certain that LBJ was the mastermind of the Kennedy assassination.

The point is, that We Know a lot of things we never used to know. We know almost for certain that we got the uranium for the Hiroshima bomb from the Nazis. That would have been a humongous secret of the highest classification, and yet the truth about it has come out, after 70 years.

What could be more startling, more egregious than that? That the evil Nazis, whom we fought against, helped us to blow up Japan, in return for our help in assisting their escape from war crimes tribunals?

Nothing could be more startling, and so this secret was classified for decades, and still is for the most part. But there was information available about a German U-Boat called U234, and some dogged researchers stayed after the story until eventually the case was broken wide open.

But my point is that, hey - even German U-Boat 234 was in a position to be talked about.

Even the case of Travis Walton could be talked about. And he eventually wrote a bestselling book about it. But it would have gotten no notice if it was never acknowledged.

So here you have it : the most horrible things and monumental things in recent history have been talked about, or speculated upon by authors and historians and conspiracy theorists, and all of these things and many more have entered into the national discussion.

Even the most horrible things of the past century have entered into the national discussion.

And yet, the events of September 1989 seemingly cannot even be acknowledged, let alone discussed.

Why is that? Do any of you guys, my friends who were involved, know the answer to that question?

President Clinton, do you know?

I only ask because I have been living with this question for such a long time, for half my life.

What could the Big Secret be?

It's not easy to wonder about it everyday. In fact it is very hard and takes a toll.

I have never in my life heard of any subject that absolutely could not be discussed.

So why can't we discuss What Happened In Northridge?

Can anybody answer that question?

No comments:

Post a Comment