Saturday, July 27, 2019

Episode Three of Spielberg's "Taken" + Implants + Great Keyboard Players Besides The Top Three

No movie tonight, but I did watch Episode Three of Spielberg's "Taken", which is getting weirder by the week. In this ep, two characters, a father and son, discover they have identical implants in their brains. The discovery is made after the father, a WW2 Air Force pilot, suffers a seizure and is taken to the hospital. Doctors order a cat-scan, and it shows what they think is a small brain tumor. But then the son, a teenager who has exhibited no health problems, asks to be scanned as well. His brain has the same small tumor in the exact same place.

With sci-fi, even if it's a show about Aliens, you've gotta have a plotline about brains.

Brains and science fiction go together like milk 'n cookies or cheese and crackers.

Anyway, in the x-ray prints, the small spot in Dad's brain overlaps perfectly with the one in Son's brain. It turns out that they aren't tumors, but implants. The Air Force finds this out the hard way when they try to take one out of Dad's head. He has agreed to the procedure on the understanding that the AF Captain in charge of the UFO investigation will leave his son alone. Of course, the Captain will not honor his agreement, because as we saw last week, he is one Evil Son-Of-A-Bee. But when the AF doctors cut a hole in Dad's cranium to remove the implant, all hell breaks loose in the clandestine operating room. The implant seems to have a life of it's own, my goodness.

I thought I had an implant once, in my earlobe. Well, it started out in the skin on the side of my jaw but then it migrated to my earlobe when I tried to pick it out of my jawline, like an ingrown hair. When I was attempting to remove it, with tweezers, it was as if the thing knew I was trying to get rid of it, and so it "made a run for cover" and moved quickly up my jawline, all the while inside the skin tissue, and ended up in my left earlobe where it nestled in for the long haul, dug in so tightly that no amount of ear pulling could dislodge it.

You think I jest but I do not. I told my friends about this incident at the time it happened, in 1994. They thought I was nuts and in retrospect I can't blame them, but the thing is, that at the time - no one was talking about implants. Just me. I'm sure there was some literature out there on the subject, but it would've been obscure and I never read any of it.

I had never even heard of an implant. I just started talking about them because I believed I had one.

It wasn't until the late 1990s that implants became widely known, when Dr. Roger Leir started to appear on the Art Bell Show to discuss his experiences with removing them from people who claimed to have been abducted.

But me, I never claimed to be abducted (at least not by aliens), and at the time I tried to remove my implant, I still had no memory of 1989. And on top of that, I had never before talked about, thought about, or known about alien implants.

One day in about May of 1994, I just knew I had one all of a sudden, and I knew what it was. All of a sudden. And then I tried to remove it, and it migrated. I still have the scar on my left jaw where I tried to take it out before it bailed on me.

Pretty weird, I realise.......  :)

You can see how difficult it is to put a blog together when I don't have a movie to review, haha. As you know, I hate politics and don't like writing about them unless Trump sends me over the boiling point and I have to release some steam. And I don't have a social life to tell you about. Likewise, I am not out on the hiking trail anywhere near to the extent I was a few years ago. I am pretty much just doing my job 24/7, with a movie in the evenings on my break. But on the rare occasion when there is no movie, you get Alien Implants. Or lists.

Let's do a list. How about a list of great rock n' roll keyboard players? The guys behind the keys never get enough credit unless their names are Emerson, Wakeman and Lord, so let's do a quick roundup of some of the other great ones, with no commentary unfortunately because the hour is very late.

So here goes, our list of Great Keyboard Players besides Keith Emerson, Rick Wakeman and Jon Lord, while acknowledging that those guys are the Holy Trinity of The Boards.

This is in no particular order :

Peter Bardens of Camel

Patrick Moraz of Refugee and Yes

Rick Wright of Pink Floyd

Eddie Jobson of Roxy Music and UK

Tony Banks of Genesis

Hugh Banton of Van Der Graaf Generator

Manfred Mann of Manfred Mann's Earth Band

Rik Van Der Linden of Trace

Robert Jan Stips of Supersister

Dave Sinclair of Caravan

Don Airey of Rainbow, Ozzy and Colosseum ////

Check out the music by these guys and their bands if you aren't familiar with it. Keyboards, more than any other instrument, was what made Progressive Rock progressive.

So there you have it. Tomorrow night we will return will a movie review.

See you in the morning, tons of love sent your way all night. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment