Sunday, March 31, 2019

Grimsley & "The Beach Bum" + Why Was Mary Sean Young at Concord Square On September 1st 1989?

Grimsley came over again tonight and wanted to tell me every last detail about a movie that he saw called "The Beach Bum", regardless of the fact that Grim himself thought the movie was one of the worst he has ever seen. It was pretty excruciating for me to listen to all the details, because I don't want dumb stuff in my life. I would never go see a movie like "The Beach Bum" even if it wasn't as bottom level crude and stupid as Grim described. I generally don't like current movies anyway, but Grim will go see anything. That it was written and directed by Harmony Korine, a trashmeister, should have served as a red flag warning, but at any rate, I am sorry I had to hear about it and would never dream of giving you a second hand review of such garbage.

I was listening to the first act of Richard Wagner's "Parsifal" when Grim texted to ask if I wanted to meet him at the Oviatt Library. I thought he wanted to go for a CSUN walk, so I said yes. Instead, I turned off Wagner, went out the door, and heard about "The Beach Bum" for the entirety of our get-together. Oh, delicious irony.

All of which means that I don't have a movie of my own to review for you tonight, but I will definitely have one tomorrow, as I will be locking myself into The Tiny to read, draw and watch an epic film during my evening work break, and I will not be answering any calls or texts (which I should only rarely do in the first place).

I just don't want to be distracted by or have any moronic modern culture in my life, period.

I have too much else to think about. ////

Anyhow, back to 1989 for the moment, besides the fact that Federal agents were on the scene almost immediately - as described last night - which led me to conclude we were being surveilled, there is also the fact that a woman named Mary Sean Young showed up at the Concord Square apartment complex on the night of September 1st, 1989, no more than an hour after the stun gun attack that left me unconscious. In fact, she must have arrived at the building almost at the exact time the paramedics had finished stabilizing me in Terry's apartment, because - and this when I knew something really weird was going on - when they were wheeling me out of the apartment on a gurney, we were nearing the gate at the north end of the complex, and I heard a female voice yelling at some men in suits. Probably two men. I remember exactly what I heard her say, and I won't repeat it tonight because it was crude, but if you ever read my book then you know what she said.

However, it wasn't her words that blew my mind, but the fact that as the paramedics wheeled my gurney past her, I could clearly see who see was. And because I had seen her movies and was a fan of hers, I had to do a double take in my mind, because it didn't make sense what I was seeing.

I said to myself, aloud, "That's Sean Young"......

I said it almost in a whisper, because I had nearly been electrocuted a short time earlier, and I was in a fragile condition, but I certainly said it aloud in order to acknowledge to myself what I was seeing. It was so weird I had to say it rather than just think it.

Before I was stun-gunned, two thugs had come to the door of Terry's apartment, in response to the fact that I had caused a ruckus by going out into the courtyard of the complex and yelling very loudly about what was happening inside the apartment, which I will not get into.

But my outburst resulted in the manager of the building telling me she was going to "call security", and the security who showed up was two lowlife thugs, "wallet chain" types, who called me to the door. Terry pointed me out as the one who had done the yelling, and the head thug - a stocky slob but a hardened criminal - called me over. I was terrified of him. He stuck a switchblade at my stomach, the point of it just touching, and I began to cry I was so scared. I had no idea what was going on at this point, and this is before I was stun-gunned.

But after that happened, and while I was being wheeled out on the gurney, there was Mary Sean Young in the courtyard. I saw her, and all I could think was "that's Sean Young", and I said those words, but what I was thinking was "what's she doing here"?

"What the hell is going on"?

I did not know her as Mary in 1989. Back then, she was still a fairly well-known movie star, known by her middle and last names : Sean Young.

And for some reason, which I have speculated on but have never been able to determine, Sean Young showed up at the Concord Square apartment complex on the night of September 1st, 1989, less than an hour after three people (Lillian, Terry and I) had a run-of-the-mill domestic dispute in one of the hundred plus units in the complex. I had indeed suffered a life threatening injury, but that happens all the time, too, in such situations.

Sean Young's appearance at Concord Square happened even before the terrifying weirdness at Northridge Hospital with Howard Schaller. In fact, she seemed to arrive just around the same time the first Federal agents showed up. They were almost certainly the men she was arguing with when the paramedics wheeled me past them on my gurney.

I do not know why Mary Sean Young was there that night, but it is interesting that her career as a movie star - and she was indeed a rising star in Hollywood prior to 1989 - began to collapse after that year, to the point where she subsequently was seen as being unhireable by major studios. Her behavior became erratic as well, and all of this is documented online.

I "friended" Mary when I first joined Facebook, and very shortly after I discovered her email address, which she herself had posted, and so I wrote her an email describing a basic outline of her appearance that night in 1989 at the Concord Square apartments in Reseda. I also related the story of the drive we took, in her car, with Ann and Lys present (two ladies related to Lillian) and me in the back seat. I described to Mary how we drove to Northridge Hospital and how Lillian arrived there in another car, and how she got into out car at the behest of her sister. I related every detail to Mary that I could remember. Finally, I reminded her of the attack on our car by the "crazy man" Howard Schaller".

I wrote all of this in an email to my new Facebook friend Mary Sean Young, who by 2009 was not the up and coming major movie star she had been. I mean, she was big for a while, had starred in classics like "Blade Runner" and "Ace Ventura".

You would think that she would never respond to such a weird sounding email. The details I wrote, if not true, would sound like just so much deranged gibberish from a nutcase fan, right.

But the thing is that Mary did respond. She wrote me back, and I still have her email.

She said "I don't think it was me" who was there.

Not, "what are you talking about"? or "are you nuts, don't ever bother me again", or "I'm calling the police"?...........just "I don't think it was me", followed by a lot of explanation to disassociate herself.

Her response reminded me of another response by a close friend, who - when I questioned him about his involvement in a 1989 event, responded at first with silence, then uttered these words :

"It seems like a dream".

That was all he would say, though he never denied anything I said to him.

And so, what are we to make of Mary Sean Young's presence at the Concord Square apartment house that night? She was one of the first people on scene, and there is zero doubt it was her.

Four of us were in a car she was driving : Ann, Lys, Lillian and myself.

Why was Mary there? At the time, she was still a fairly big star. Lillian and I had seen her movie "The Boost" in February of that year, 1989.

In retrospect, it feels like she was there as part of a game of some sort. A really weird game of the type that might be played by people who inhabit the world of "Eyes Wide Shut".

But the truth may be even weirder than that.

The bottom line is she was there, and we all saw her and rode in her car to the hospital.

Does anyone know why she was there? Ann, do you know? My CIA friends, do you know?////

That's all for tonight. I will see you in the morning at church. Much love until then. xoxoxoxoxoxo :):)


No comments:

Post a Comment