Thursday, April 11, 2019

Elizabeth + NAB + "Voyage To The Bottom of Loch Ness"

Hey, Elizabeth! Congratulations are in order again. I am glad to see that you are attending the NAB Show. I wasn't familiar with the name, so I did some Googling and I see that it stands for National Association of Broadcasters. The Wiki says it covers television, radio and all kinds of other media and features exhibits on all the latest equipment, etc. Kind of like a NAMM for folks in the broadcast industry, except it's been around longer than NAMM. Wiki says it's been held in Las Vegas since 1991, so that must be where you are.

So that means you aren't stuck in a cubicle all day, as had previously been feared. That's good news!

I mean, I do not actually know your Current Cubicle Status and am merely speculating, but just the fact that you are in Vegas at the convention is a positive development. I hope that you are having the chance to do more of what you love to do and were born to do. You know, I was just thinking when I was driving up to my hiking spot yesterday, I thought about your latest commercial for the Scorpio, and it just came to me that very soon you are gonna have more work than you can handle.

So get ready because I have been right every step of the way so far.  :)

Post more pics from the convention if you feel like it. ////

I am writing from Pearl's tonight, back at work for another cycle. I didn't have a movie this evening, but I did watch an episode of "Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea", in which Admiral Nelson (Richard Basehart) and Captain Crane (David Hedison) are sent on a mission to Loch Ness, where three scientists from a top secret research group have been found dead at the edge of the water. A fourth man, a Scottish professor,  swears that it was the Loch Ness Monster that attacked the group. Nelson and Crane are skeptical but the professor offers to prove his assertion, showing them a map that pinpoints a route from the ocean to the Loch, via an undersea tunnel that will accommodate the humongous Seaview submarine.

Hey, that's how the Monster must've gotten into the Loch in the first place! He swam from the North Atlantic back in dinosaur times, then he found the deep sea tunnel into the Loch  and he's been kickin' ass and takin' names ever since. But now, with the highly advanced Seaview about to enter his territory, he is gonna have to pick on somebody his own size for the first time.

Meanwhile, the Professor is spending his time in the operations room of the submarine working his way through a bottle of Admiral Nelson's finest Scotch. What is the deal with this Professor? Why is he so intent on the Seaview reaching the Loch? And is he really even Scottish? He seems to be over enthusing about the whiskey, as if feigning an expertise.

I think he is in cahoots with the Monster, and this may turn out to be the case. The only way to find out is to watch the show for yourself.

I am super tired on a transition day, so that is basically all I know for tonight. You probably know more than I do. :)

See you in the morn with a ton of love.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment