Friday, April 19, 2019

Hey Elizabeth! + Tim Holt in "Trail Guide" + Books

Hey Elizabeth! I liked your posts about the two year anniversary of "Notepainting". I had an FB "memory" notification today that ties in with it : today April 18 is the seventh anniversary of when you and I became friends on FB. How cool is that? Both things happened on the same day, five years apart. So here's to April 18th, a great day indeed.  :):)

In your Instagram post, I liked what you said about it being "time to start recording again". I know I always harp on you to record (and write music, and take photos, etc), and you know the reasons why I do so. I am so glad you are posting again, and I second your observation about recording new music. I also agree 100% with your Mom's comment on the Instagram post.  :):)

You have many beautiful melodies running through the music on "Notepainting"My favorite tracks are "Stargazing", "Runaway II" and especially "The Thaw". A listener can hear how much you were feeling it as you were playing that piece for the recording. I have been hoping you would have a chance to get back to your true calling, which is of course your artistic work. I think of all that you have accomplished in the seven years I have known you and it's a pretty impressive output.

Even taking just one creation, like the "Red Dress" series (which needs a gallery showing), is an exceptional and original effort. Sometimes you have to step away from what you have accomplished, and then go back and look at it with fresh eyes, as they say. If you look at the "Red Dress" photos in this way, or if you go back and listen to "Notepainting", you will understand what I am talking about.

I am glad you are back! Of course it makes me happy, cause I've been here since the beginning, since "Autre Temps", and I have always believed in what you are doing.  :):)

I did watch a movie tonight : "Trial Guide" (1952), the last of my Tim Holt Westerns. The set I bought had nine movies and I've now watched them all, but the good news is that there are several other Holt volumes available. I will probably purchase another set very soon, although I am still looking for more "Durango Kid" movies starring Charles Starrett, and I may even try an altogether different Western collection with an all new Hero like Johnny Mack Brown or George O'Brien. We'll see what turns up, but one thing is for certain : I've gotta have my Westerns.

I should've starred in "Trail Guide" anyway. I mean c'mon....the title?.......and me?

It's a perfect match.

In Tim Holt's version of "Trail Guide", shot on location in Santa Clarita and Placerita Canyon, there is a land war between ranchers (who want the land to be open range for their cattle) and settler/farmers, who want to draw boundaries for homesteads and put up fences and grow crops, all of which will impinge upon the cattle ranchers.

But if I were the star of "Trail Guide", the movie would be all about the Trails in Santa Clarita and Placerita, with me as The Guide. There would be no ranchers or settlers, just me walking along the trails, guiding all the viewers. "Hey, look at that old tree"! "There's that rock formation that was in all the Tim Holt Westerns"! "Wow, can you believe a stagecoach ever made it down this trail"?

That would be pretty cool, eh? ////

Well anyhow, I am reading the new King's X biography by Greg Prato and I must say that it's one of the best and most comprehensive rock books I've ever read. Anything you've ever wanted to know about the band is in there. I am also reading "Many Worlds", the story of eccentric physicist Hugh Everett III, which is just getting underway, and I ordered from the Libe a book on the philosophy of Schpenhauer! Hooray! And it is also written by Bryan Magee, the excellent author of my recently completed book about Richard Wagner, who was influenced by Schopenhauer.

So that should be a depressing read, eh? :) Good old Schopenhauer. Have you Googled his photo yet?

I will see you in the morning. Tons of love til then.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment