Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Politics, Movies, Toothpicks & David Icke

This part of the blog I wrote last night (Monday Feb. 3) :

We watched the Iowa Caucuses tonight at Pearl's. I'd never seen a caucus before and had always wondered how they were different from a primary. They look like fun, like a Town Hall meeting combined with musical chairs, haha. Unfortunately, as of this writing they still don't have the results, probably because Trump and Putin are hacking it, but we knew they were gonna do that anyway. Just as long as they don't declare Bernie the winner, I'm good. Sorry about that if you're a Bernie fan, but I don't like him. He'd also get creamed by Trump in the general election, which is why Trump is trying to hack the Iowa Caucus in his favor. Trump wants Bernie to be the front runner. So, if you are a Bernie fan, I urge you to consider voting for some other candidate. How about Mayor Pete, or Amy? If the Democrats aren't gonna go with Biden, those two would be my next choices. I also like Tom Steyer and Andrew Yang. It would be great to see them team up on Trump, though it's unlikely to happen. I don't know if you saw Adam Schiff's closing argument this morning in the Impeachment "Trial", but it was a speech for the ages. Now there's a guy who should run for President......

Tonight I watched "Mr. Wong, Detective"(1938), or rather I tried to. My eyes kept closing, even though it was only 9pm. Normally I'd be just warming up at that time, but now I'm in Fred Flintstone mode, with toothpicks in my eyelids. I mean, I'm still getting about the same amount of sleep on my new schedule as I was before (give or take), it's just that I am not a morning person - not by a longshot - and this sudden curveball has knocked me for a loop. Whereas before at 9pm I was pounding a three mile CSUN walk, then reading and writing late into the night, now I'm lucky if I can make it to 10:30 without nodding off. It's just the way I'm made. I'm a Night Person, always have been since I was a teen. I like the quiet of the night, it allows me to think. Of course it goes without saying that I love the daytime too, but I love it after 10 am. That's about my ultimate schedule from my body's standpoint, from where I am comfortable and feel most rested : go to sleep between 2 and 3am, wake up between 10 and 11pm. To me, that's perfect. Ahh well......the world runs on a business shedge-yoole and I am but a pawn in the game. All I really want out of life is to marry a nice girl and find out what happened to me in 1989. If I can achieve those two objectives, I will consider my life a success.  ////

And this part of the blog is from tonight (Feb. 4) :

Grim came over tonight with "Tommy Boy"(1995), Chris Farley's penultimate film. I've seen it before, a couple of times, but it's a comedy that holds up to repeat viewings every few years. I've said many times that I'm not a huge comedy fan, and Farley was very robust, intense. It's not the kind of stuff I would usually go for, because I like goofy humor, sitcoms like "The Flintstones" or "Gilligan's Island". Farley is heavy metal. He's in your face to the max, and I generally don't care for a lot of screaming and yelling in comedy or drama, but what made Farley great was his heart. Like John Candy, he made you care about his characters. So, I loved him in small doses on Saturday Night Live, and I like "Tommy Boy", which is the only movie of his that I've seen.

You know me by now and you know what I like. To be fair, I do like many comedies from the 1980s onwards, and some are exceptional, such as "Life Of Brian" or "A Fish Called Wanda". There are more, I'm just too tired to think of them right now. But because of the advent of the dvd, which almost twenty years ago gave us access to the entire history of motion pictures, I've been able to discover genres like Screwball Comedy, or the work of Buster Keaton, or the absurd but Swiss-Timed films of Jaques Tati, and I have found these films so advanced in the art of the laugh that it's harder for me to appreciate with the same enthusiasm the stuff I liked when I was younger and hadn't seen as many movies. In short, I guess what I am saying is that I still enjoy the Saturday Night Live brand of comedy, and on the show itself it was incomparable during the classic years (1975-1998?), but when Lorne Michaels stretches things out to motion picture length, some of the punch is lost. But "Tommy Boy" is fun and has a lot of nostalgia value.

And last but not least, this part of the blog was written just now, on Wednesday afternoon (Feb.5) :

God Bless Mitt Romney for having the courage and decency to vote "guilty" against this lowlife criminal. I am hoping his speech will resonate with moderate Republicans and Independents so that they will either vote for a candidate other than Trump or simply stay home in November. He simply cannot be re-elected or we won't have a democracy anymore. Well at any rate, it will be interesting to see what happens in New Hampshire. Go Mayor Pete! In other news, I am reading "The Trigger" by David Icke", a book about 9/11. I've read a few Icke books in the past and generally didn't care for him because of his tendency to harangue the reader and also because of his theory about shape shifting Reptilians. I mean, I've said some weird stuff in my time, but everything I've said is true and provable. To say, however, that the Queen physically changes into a lizard is too far out even for me. Having said that, Icke is an excellent researcher, and when he sticks to the facts he can write a compelling book, which is what he seems to have done with "The Trigger". It's 900 pages long. I'm 150 pages in, and already he's destroyed the official timeline of events on 9/11 as far as the principal government officials are concerned. Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and General Myers were not where they said they were at the times they reported. Icke has done meticulous work to break it all down, and it will be interesting to see where he goes from here to name the actual culprits. 9/11 is of great interest to me, as are all major government cover-ups, not only because I am an American citizen but also because of my own experience in 1989, which I believe is the biggest secret of them all (and no, that is not a grandiose statement). You would've had to be there, and if you were, you know I am not exaggerating. ////

That's all for the moment. I am now gonna read a few pages of Icke, then head out to Super King for produce. If there's time I will stop at Vons too, for salsa and water. Then I will head back to Pearl's for the current version of my evening shift.

My neighbors literally never stop playing Indian disco music.

See you tonight at the Usual Time.

Tons of love.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment