Saturday, November 18, 2023

Current Tidbits

I don't have any movies to review because I haven't watched any for a few days. I did watch one, last Sunday I think it was, called "Tell England", the story of the invasion of Gallipoli, and it was excellent (directed by Anthony Asquith), but I wasn't able to pay enough attention to give it a worthwhile review. I think it was, at the very least, the basis for the Mel Gibson movie entitled "Gallipoli" that came out in the 1980s, which I have never seen. But at any rate, even though I can't adequately review "Tell England", I can give it Two Huge Thumbs Up.

I hope to get back to watching movies soon. The trouble is that I can't concentrate, so I've just been browsing a few documentaries instead, World War Two stuff mostly. Aerospace, too. I just finished reading an amazing book called "The Demon in the Ekur" by Dr. Joseph P. Farrell. I've read every one of Dr. Joe's books, and even though this is one of his shortest (just 150 pages), it's maybe his most important. It deals with the subject of plasma physics. I, of course, am long on record (going back to my Myspace blogs in the early 2000s) as saying the Big Bang is a false premise. I read a book about 12 years ago by an astronomer named Tom Van Flandern entitled "Dark Matter, Missing Planets" that explained the physics of what he called a Steady State Cosmology. It made a lot of sense (the man was a genius), and now in Dr. Joe's book, we learn about the work of Hans Alfven, a Nobel Prize winner, who pioneered the study of cosmic "plasma" as it is called. Read it if you are interested, and just to give you a tidbit, have you ever seen the footage of the Ivy Mike explosions, which I mentioned in the last blog? They are interesting also for the round "eyeball-looking" shape that materialises just after the detonation, before the mushroom cloud. Now, before you roll your own eyeballs, read Dr. Joe's book, and remember Hans Alfven.

It is to these more obscure researchers that we might one day owe our thanks for a better understanding of the Universe, a very mysterious place. I've also long been on record, in my blogging since 1999, that evolution is also a false premise. I am fortunate, in making such an antithetical statement, in that I have no political attachments, and I was not University educated, and thus I don't have a dog in the hunt. I'm not part of a team, nor do I take a side. I just read the best available material and then learn and decide for myself, and I also have a lot of life experience. So, on the evolution side, I'm betting I'll be right about that one, too. I've always thought the idea that we began (we being humans) as one-celled amoebas, swimming in the primordial soup, and "evolved" from that into what we are today, and that we "evolved" from chimps or apes, and on top of that, that it all happened by random chance in a chemical process without any appreciable meaning......to be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard in my life. Laughable if not propaganda. But that's just me. You decide for yourself. But you should also think for yourself, and not just use Neil deGrasse Tyson or Rachel Maddow as a jumping-off point. Or Tucker Carlson, of course. Remember, I'm not political. Politics is even stupider than evolution.

But yes, read about plasma physics in Dr. Joe's book, which gets Two Gigantic Thumbs Up. In music news, I am excited by the two new Judas Priest songs I've heard, which is unusual because I don't really listen to metal anymore. But the JP songs have the sound and feel of the "Defenders of the Faith" era - they're really good - and so I am looking forward to that album.

I guess that's all for the moment. I wish I had more to tell ya. You know, it's funny. I've been writing blogs since 1998 - 25 years - and I have almost 3000 here on Blogger alone, and many more from my years on Myspace, and Delphi before that. And I know I have readers, not many, but I can see the hit counter, and it's been steady the entire time......and yet, in all the 25 years I've been blogging, writing thousands of blogs and surely well over a million words by this time, I've never had a single comment, nor even an acknowledgement that anyone has ever read a single thing I've written. Isn't that interesting? And yet I keep writing, because I know people are reading. And yet they never make themselves known. 

I guess I have faith. That must be it, like tossing a bottle into the ocean and knowing that someone will receive it, and one day send a message back. I wish you all a very nice weekend.  ////

No comments:

Post a Comment