Monday, October 29, 2018

Still No Internet; Tech Coming Back Tomorrow + "Dr.Jekyll and Mr.Hyde" with Frederic March

Just a quick check in for tonight, and a progress report (or non-progress as the case may be). I called ATT again this morning. This time, I got a guy on the line who was highly competent, thank goodness. He tried everything under the Sun to get the modem re-started and connected to the Internet, but for whatever crazy reason, it still wouldn't connect. Isn't this the weirdest thing? Long story short, they are gonna send another tech out to Pearl's tomorrow, between Noon and 4pm. I don't know that it will do any good, but I'll be there and see it through. The guy on the phone gave me a last-ditch option if nothing else works, and that is for us to have Pearl's setup completely rewired with fiber optics. The computer setup we have is pretty antiquated. I don't know all of the terminology, but anyway what we have is pretty slow compared to the latest technology. The guy said it would take about four hours to re-wire the house and he also said it would almost certainly solve the problem if tomorrow's effort fails.

There is no charge for the fiber optic rewiring,

So we'll see what happens tomorrow. Once again, wish me luck. I've never heard of such a computer problem before. Also, sorry about the tirade in yesterday's blog, but I had to vent after all the frustration. Sooner or later, something has gotta work to get me back online at Pearl's.

I just watched the original 1931 version of "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" starring Frederic March, another movie that you would think I'd have seen but I never had until now. All I can say is "wow". The performance by March has got to be one of the ten greatest in history by a male lead. And the movie itself may be the greatest horror film of all time. It's really that good and you should see it as soon as you can.

I wish I had more time to expound on it, but I must go on my walk and then back to Pearl's. I hope to have Internet service at her house pretty soon, but at this point I can't make any guarantees about when it will happen. Keep your fingers crossed.

See you tomorrow afternoon from here at my apartment.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment