Sunday, October 28, 2018

Today's ATT Fiasco

Still no service. Today's ATT Fiasco involved me calling them up this afternoon after church, hoping against hope for a Sunday repair. I got a guy on the phone, and he asked me all the same questions I was originally asked on Thursday when I first contacted them. I tried to cut to the chase by telling the guy, "look. we had a technician come out here on Friday. He was unable to diagnose the problem after two and a half hours of trying". I told the guy on the phone that the technician at Pearl's house eventually concluded that the problem must lie within ATT's own equipment, located in their central office.

But the guy on the phone this afternoon wasn't listening. He had me wait on the line while he ran the same over-the-phone diagnostics that didn't work on Friday. Then he told me, "you line is fine, Sir", as if I was mistaken about the whole thing and the technician had never even been to the house. I was getting exasperated. I said, "I know the line is fine. That's what I'm trying to tell you, that the technician who came here said that the problem is probably in ATT's in-house circuitry".

The guy on the phone then went and got his supervisor, and they had me unplug and then replug the modem once again. And once again they tried restarting the service, even though I told them that it had already been tried on Friday, with three different modems. I also told them that the tech who came to the house had promised to call back on Saturday but never did.

Their attempt to reboot the modem over the phone didn't work, just as I'd told them I wouldn't.

I had been on the phone for over half an hour by this time. Finally the guy and his supervisor decided to send another technician out to the house. He said "please hold on while I schedule you an appointment".

I said "okay", and that was the last I heard from him. I waited on hold, and I waited. Ten minutes went by. Finally, the on-hold muzak was replaced by the gank-gank-gank sound that resembles a busy signal, but in this case it means the call has been cut off.

Please cue the Church Lady now. I need her to say, "Isn't that special"?

So to recap, I call ATT. The guy asks the same questions and goes over the same ground that was trod on Friday, when every attempt failed. I tried to tell him this; he didn't listen. I tried to tell his supervisor the same thing; the supervisor didn't listen either. Finally, they saw I was right, and the phone guy had me "hold" while he scheduled another appointment for another tech to come out to the house.

And after all of that, the call got cut off and I never got the appointment.

Now, one of the questions ATT asks you when you call, is if you have another number at which you can be reached just in case the call is disconnected. I gave the guy my cell number for that purpose. So when our call was indeed disconnected, I waited for him to call me back on my cell (or even on Pearl's phone, of which he had the number) so that he could finish making the appointment for another technician to come over.

I waited, and I waited. But he never called me back.

Why do they ask for your #@&$#@# ing number if they aren't gonna call you back?

So that was Today's ATT Fiasco. I don't usually do promos for products or companies but I'd like to do a negative ad today:

ATT Has The Worst Service I Have EVER, EVER experienced.  On top of that, they don't even seem to know their own circuits. My experience with them has been so bad, that if were my account, I would have cancelled the service by now and switched to Verizon or whoever else carries the Internet in our area.

The service by ATT could not possibly have been worse.

But wait a minute, Ad........there's always tomorrow. They might outdo themselves and screw up even worse! And I wouldn't be surprised if they do. Our Internet service at Pearl's has been out since Thursday morning, and ATT doesn't seem to care when, or even if, it is restored. Good Lordy Moses, what a bunch of lame-ass baloney. ////

End of tirade. But it's been pretty doggone frustrating as you can see. I am at Pearl's for 17 hours every day, and the Internet is my only lifeline to the outside world. Pearl herself is more or less non-verbal by now, and I have no one to talk to all day.

Yeah, I know......."poor me".

But all I am asking for is a simple fix, and this gigantic company, supposedly the electronics giant of the world, can't even figure it out, and they also have the worst service in the history of commerce.

Now it's truly the end of the tirade. Sorry about that.

Well, the Dodgers have just this minute have lost the World Series to the Red Sox, so c'est la vie until next year. This Boston team was just too darn good. The 'Gers never were gonna beat them. Thank goodness we've still got Rams football to look forward to, and a possible Super Bowl appearance.

I am gonna walk back over to Our Lady Of Lourdes across the street. They are having their Fall Festival all weekend and The Beatles are playing tonight.

I am referring to Ticket To Ride, or course, but they sound so good it's hard to tell the difference.  :)

"City Of The Dead" was incredible, the movie I watched last night. I don't have enough time to tell you about it tonight, but if you are a horror fan, it's a must see. Two Thumbs Incredibly High Up.

And the singing was good in church this morn. Tomorrow I am gonna try once again to have the service restored at Pearl's. Once more into the breach! Wish me luck.....

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo :):) See you tomorrow afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment