Monday, November 5, 2018

Red/Green Update

Very briefly, it is afternoon and I am writing from home. Last night I wrote my blog from Pearl's and the system worked fine with no red lights. But this morning, after using Facebook for about half an hour, with no other tabs open, the buffering circle began to turn endlessly and the FB page would not refresh. A minute later I looked down at the modem and the green service light was flashing (a bad sign), and then once more it turned to solid red. I immediately turned off the computer, but did not try an unplug-replug reboot of the modem. I just left it alone with the computer turned off. And eventually the solid green service light came back on and stayed on.

So now I am thinking it may well be a problem with my outdated Chromebook at Pearl's, which no longer receives security updates and thus has no firewall. Maybe it is feeding back on the modem in some way, causing a ping-ponging effect that causes a service shutdown, kind of like a Dirac Sea Hole current does in an overunity electrical system (something I learned in my book on electrodynamics, lol).

At any rate, I think I am just gonna buy a new Acer Chromebook at Best Buy. I can get one for around two hundred bucks (not too shabular), and even if it doesn't solve the problem at Pearl's, at least I will still have a new Chromebook that will have automatic security updates for five years. I don't think I will be able to get over to Best Buy until Wednesday, cause today I've gotta go to Trader Josephus's, and then tomorrow is The Big Day (you know what I mean), so Wednesday is my earliest chance. Meanwhile, I will keep trying to use the faulty system at Pearl's, but I will mainly leave it shut off until it is time for late night blog writing.

I will write more from here at home during my evening break. See you then (we'll watch a movie together).  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

Evening Update : I'm writing from home again. I did order that Acer Chromebook mentioned above. I will pick it up from Best Buy tomorrow, and hopefully that will solve the problem once and for all. If it doesn't, then I suppose I will recommend to Pearl's daughter that we have ATT install the high speed fiber optic Internet circuitry that was mentioned to me by one of the technicians. Then if that doesn't solve the problem, I guess we would have to switch providers, although that would be a giant hassle as I said last night. Or I suppose I could just get an iPhone to use for Internet purposes while on duty at Pearl's. It's what everybody else uses nowdays, right? I guess that would be a last resort. But hopefully it won't go that far. Fingers crossed that the new Chromebook will solve the problem. We'll find out tomorrow.

I just now watched a Randolph Scott Western called "The Nevadan" (1950). You know the drill about the mandatory Randolph Scott chorus, so I'll give you a moment to sing it.

Are you done? Good. Actually I could have allowed you more time, because I am not gonna write a review right now anyway, because I need to go for my walk before heading back to Pearl's. With luck, I will have a chance to write late-night as usual without the modem conking out on me. Fingers crossed once again. :)

This afternoon I listened to "Kodama" all the way through, because the music had been running through my head since the Alcest concert Friday night. I hadn't heard the album in a couple months, but now I heard it with fresh ears and it's even greater than I first thought it was. It may just be their best album, which is really saying something when you consider "Les Voyages" and "Escailles". All of their albums are great, but man......."Kodama".......(holy smokes).

Back later tonight, hopefully. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment