Tuesday, January 30, 2018

"Kolchak" + Chicago + SB

No movie tonight, and not much news either. I did watch an episode of "Kolchak : The Night Stalker" which was really good, about an Alien invasion in Chicago. Might've been in your neighborhood, Elizabeth. :) The show takes place in the 1970s, though, so you are safe because Kolchak solved the case long before you moved there. "Kolchak" is an awesome show, and I'm sure I mentioned that I was a big fan when it first aired on broadcast TV in 1974. It only lasted one season; go figure that one. But it's influence lasted well into the future. Chris Carter has said that "Kolchak" was one of the inspirations behind "The X-Files" twenty years later (and I am having a Deja Vu moment that informs me I may have told you all of this before).

I don't know how much of the show was actually filmed in Chicago. Certainly some of the exterior establishing shots were, like Lake Shore Drive, the famous street that runs right along the lake. It curves around it, and you can see tall buildings pass by. In this episode, they also showed a Planetarium, so maybe that is a real facility in the city and was used as a filming location also. The Aliens broke into the Planetarium and were using the projection system to look at star maps.

They had landed in Chi-Town, created a ruckus, and were now hoping to head home. Kolchak was trying to stop 'em. He is a newspaper reporter by trade, but a detective at heart, just like me. :)

I saw a couple of posts since the weekend, some having to do with West Coast subjects, like going to the desert. That was a Morgin post. Let's move there, SB. Then we won't have to deal with the traffic anymore. We'll have to drive 150 miles to go to concerts, though..

Hmmm. Well, we'll figure it out.  :):)

I saw another post about something called Shiprocked. I Googled it and I see that it is indeed a boat concert like Cruise To The Edge. Are you gonna go? That would be awesome, and especially because we - meaning You and me and everybody else - is hoping to see you back out there Elizabeth.

I am looking forward to more concerts that you will go to, and more photos and videos. Of course I don't know the details of your life right now, and I can only go by what you post, but one thing I can do is offer my encouragement. I have known you for almost six years now, mostly through intuitive contact, but I think that has been enough for us to develop a strong and unique communication.

I know how much you love to do what you do, and you are so great at all of it.

Your music, your photography and videos.

Your style. Your Artistry.

Put all of it at the forefront of your intention, and remember that intention is not just a word or an momentary impulse, but is an implant.

Intention is a mental and spiritual implant that you put into your brain and into your will, like a seed.

You already have The Goods - your music and photographic and video artistry, and overall soul of an Artist. All of that is You.

I've said it before, but now I say it again.

When you are doing what you do, what you love to do, then I am happy too, because I am right here with you all the way.

See you in the morning.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment