Friday, January 19, 2018

Last Night Got Deleted + I Am A Detective At Heart

Well, there I was, typing away last night, writing about Episode Six of "Les Vampires". Then I moved from that to making a few observations about the Tide Pod phenomenon, in response to some posts made by Elizabeth. I finished up by noting the witty comment made by her friend Steve : "How do we get teenagers off of Tide Pods and back on drugs"? That is funny any way you look at it, but I did add a semi-lengthy caveat about drugs, and I went on a mini-tirade about the current epidemic of pot smoking, which I do not think is a good thing based on personal experience.......

It was just Your Average Everyday Blog. There didn't seem to be anything controversial in it. Surely I've written more pointed things in the past (and puh-leeze stop calling me Shirley!).

But for whatever reason, after 45 minutes of writing and typing, I was nearing the end of my words, when suddenly they all disappeared. Yep. As I typed, finishing a sentence, the Blogger template suddenly was wiped clean. Not a word remained, only a blank page. My fingers were nowhere near the Delete button, and anyway, I would've had to mark the entire text for "delete" to have it happen all at once.

So I don't know what happened. It could have been a glitch, or it could have been something else. I have had it happen before, at a time when I was writing something controversial, and back in the Myspace days, when all I wrote about was 1989, my blogs would often freeze up and delete when I hit the "publish" button. I remember feeling terrible frustration on a few occasions when I'd written all day long at the Oviatt, intensely focused on the subject, only to have the blog freeze and delete at the end.

Because I have in the past written about an unacknowledged subject, and because so many Myspace blogs froze up, I began to chalk it up to "hmmmmm.....veddy inn-teresting". With Blogger, which I've used since June 2013 when Myspace went out of business, it never freezes, but once in a great while it will do this "spontaneous total delete" thing, and it always happens after I have been writing for a while, when I am almost finished with a blog.

I don't know jack about computers, and I'm sure a glitch is the most likely explanation, but still.....I've always wondered about the possibility that someone might be messing with me.

The only remotely controversial thing I wrote last night was about a scene in "Les Vampires", which I likened to a Manchurian Candidate scenario. I mentioned the CIA and MKUltra.

But I have written things in the past that could be taken as far more antagonistic to the Agency, though all of those remarks have been directed at the CIA's dark past of the Dulles era, and has never been meant to refer to it as it exists today. But even so, those darker subjects of the 1950s never suddenly vanished as I typed them.

So the Myspace freezes and Blogger deletions have gotta be the result of glitches........right?

"Right".

And so Onward and Upward, as Bill Nelson would say.

I haven't any news today except for Episode 7 of "Vampires" and an Aliso walk. I'll get back to reviewing the Vamps perhaps tomorrow night, or near the end of the serial which will come this weekend. What I am really blowing my mind on, to be honest, is the book I am reading about the Son Of Sam case, "The Ultimate Evil" by Maury Terry.

The case itself is horrible. That goes without saying. But you know me, I am a detective, and I have a strong sixth sense, and something about this book has been bugging me ever since it became clear that Berkowitz was not the lone culprit but was part of a cult. As far as the Sam case is concerned, that much has been proven by more than a reasonable doubt. The real Sons Of Sam were the Carr brothers, John and Michael, who lived near Berkowitz and who were Satanists. Their father was named Sam, hence "Son Of Sam". Those guys, the Carr brothers, were evil incarnate, and Berkowitz - though guilty for sure and should never get out of prison - was mostly their accomplice. It's a horrific story, one of the worst in American history, and probably fit for study only by Your Unflappable Detective (me).

I wouldn't want you to wade into the grimness of what humans are capable of, because it is better to stay on the bright side.

Me - I do both. My soul is anchored in the Light, and my spirit flies around between my soul and my physical self here on Earth (think of the bi-location of electrons for comparison). But my mind, in thought, goes into dark areas out of necessity. I mean, I've been reading about serial killers since I was about 12, starting with Manson, and I've read every Ann Rule book, and in the past decade I've graduated to high level political stuff, especially the JFK assassination. World War Two.

To cut to the chase and give you my main motivation, well....you already know it.

It is 1989.

And in reading Maury Terry's landmark book about the Son Of Sam case, and the wider criminal revelations it led to, which were evil beyond belief, I have to say to you that I am reminded of 1989.

It is not the nature of the crimes by which I make my comparison, in no way shape or form. Obviously not.

But in reading about Berkowitz and his cult, which existed among neighborhood acquaintences, and held secret, behind the scenes meetings, and dealt in drugs and other escapdes, and above all kept their proceedings secret, I am indeed reminded of what happened in my own neighborhood.

I am going to be writing more this year about 1989, because I have had to deal with it and go it alone for nearly thirty years, and I don't find it fair. In reading about the case of David Berkowitz, and the neighborhood group he was involved in, which spread out into something national, I am reminded again of what happened to me in the opposite way. I was a victim of what seems to be, in retrospect, a neighborhood cult, or if not a cult, then certainly a group of my friends and neighbors who were involved in a sex and drugs situation. And once I discovered it, by accident and intuition, I was toast.

And I've been toast for almost thirty years, while others have sailed away scot free and have never had to answer a single question.

It is my life's goal to change that equation. Sooner or later, all the folks who have been evading and avoiding this will have to step up to the fucking plate. I guarantee it will happen, because I won't give up until it does happen.

So that is part of my life as a detective. It is a huge part and the main part, but not the only part.

My soul is in the Light, but I have to go down into the darkness. I have to study it and read about it, and when I find clues that apply to my own life, I am inspired to investigate them.

In this case, they deal with Group Secrecy and behind-the-scenes activity among so-called friends.

I will write more in the days ahead. The truth is gonna come out, guys and gals. I am almost 58 now, closing in on 60 and I've got nothing much to lose.

But I will also write my usual movie reviews and stuff, so not to worry. It's just that I have been extremely impressed by Maury Terry's one man effort to get to the truth in the Sam case, and I feel I am slacking in my own case by not putting more effort into 1989. So I've gotta give it everything I've got.

See you in the morning.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment