Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Night Photography

No movie tonight. I had planned to watch "To Hell And Back" starring Audie Murphy, but then on my way home from Pearl's at 6:30 I saw that the western sky had filled with wispy cirrus clouds and also the kind that look like lumps of popcorn. Evening clouds over Chatsworth in July can make for good sunset pictures, and even though I've taken a thousand of 'em already, you know that I can't resist an opportunity for Sunset Pix.

So, I headed over to the parking structure at CSUN (a different one this time, two blocks south of my usual one), and took the stairs to the top. Then I waited for the sky to start changing colors. I took about a dozen photos. With digital we can be brazen and just snap away, because we aren't limited to 24 or 36 exposures. It's the equivalent to if you had an extended roll of film in your cam back in the 70s and were shooting with a motor drive. So, I've got trillions of sunset photos on my "photo cards", but I still can't resist when I see those clouds in the sky as the sun goes down. It's even better when there are chemtrails mixed in, but tonight there were none. They must be all caught up on their spraying schedule, haha.

And mind you - "schedule" is still being pronounced as "shedge -yool" until further notice.

Yeah, you've already got it down, I know. Thanks, and don't mind me for being a nit-picker.

When I was done photographing the sunset I came down from the roof of the parking structure and proceeded to finish my evening walk, intending to return home asap and watch the movie as planned. But as the sky continued to darken, I thought it might be worthwhile to attempt a few "campus night shots", as I have tried about once or twice per summer for a few years running. After a few snaps at the Cinema Building, it looked like the waning light would still produce a decent exposure, and so at that point I decided to forgo the movie for tonight and concentrate on my own pictures instead.

I got some good ones (I think, anyway), which I posted on my FB a few hours ago.

After that I still had some time left on my break, so I watched an episode of "Rawhide", thereby getting my Western Fix as well. The guest star in this one was Cesar Romero, who people of my age group will always remember as "The Joker" from the original "Batman" TV Series. Heath Ledger was great in his movie version, directed by Christopher Nolan, and I know it is said that his performance is closest to the comic book character, and I am sure that is true. But Cesar Romero's "Joker" was the one that we were hit with as kids - I was only seven when I first saw him - and he spooked me something terrible, with his clownish makeup and his wild hair and green suit. Romero was really a great actor, and you can see his depth when you watch him in a western like "Rawhide", and then remember him as "The Joker" and in his romantic roles as a Latin Lover in earlier movies from the 30s and 40s.

I did go up to Aliso this afternoon for a nice 100 Degree Humid Hike. Nothing major, just getting some of my daily mileage in. Gotta stay in shape. I was the only person in the canyon, and I love it when that happens because then I can soak up the vibe, and that's what it's all about. It's about visiting an undisturbed piece of land on the planet Earth.

A piece of land in which The Vibe remains intact. You know what I mean, I'll not try to explain.

See you in the morning.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment