Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Great Singing, Elizabeth + Songwriting, too

 Elizabeth, great job on the Adele! You have a fantastic voice to begin with, but when you shift gears and get up into the high range, it takes on an extra level of emotion that can raise goosebumps, as I've mentioned. In fact I had just listened again to "The Ocean" this afternoon. That song demonstrates what I am talking about. But yeah.......wow. I didn't know you were an Adele fan, though I suppose everyone is to some extent. It's hard not to be, with songs like "Someone...".

Now, I hate to keep harping on it (actually that's not true, I'd harp on it all the time if I felt I wasn't being annoying), but.......girl, you are not only a wonderful singer, but you can also write. And, you can accompany yourself on guitar. That's all it takes to compose your own ballads and songs in whatever style you choose. I know it's a lot of work, and that it's not always easy to get inspired, especially with the world the way it is, but please keep it in mind that you could do an album of singer/songwriter based music, ala Joni Mitchell, or Adele or anyone you can think of. Even if it took you some time, you could do it.

I happen to know this, because I know music. And I can see what you are capable of, and the thing is, more than anything else - and this is important - you sound like Yourself. That's what I mean when I say that your voice has a certain quality. Elizabeth, not everybody sounds individual, and in fact most don't. Witness all the voice-trained vocal gymnasts who followed in the wake of Beyonce. Lord help us.

Much better to sound like yourself, and you do! And you can write songs, with great lyrics.

So that's all I wanted to say. Please keep it in mind. This pandemic won't last forever, and then you will be back on track doing everything you love to do. You will be making films, of course, and writing music for piano. You will also be taking incredible pictures, but don't forget about the songwriting. You can add it to your musical repertoire, and you could even write piano ballads, too. If they were difficult to sing and play at the same time, you could record the vocal separately.

Well, that's enough jabbering from me. I do think things are about to get better, however. With fingers crossed, we are on the verge of electing a new President, then we will tackle Covid. I say all of this to you because I don't want you to forget that - just two years ago - you had "Elemental" on the Standardvision screen at Staples. So keep thinking ahead, and always remember the power of your intent. //// 

I am back at Pearl's as I think I mentioned. We had fun just a little while ago watching the Dodgers win the World Series. Um..........did I say something recently, about how it wouldn't be that great, and maybe not legitimate, if they won, because it wasn't a full season? Well forget that! (lol) It was awesome, and now we have both the Lakers and Dodgers as champions in this weird altered state of a sports year.

Yeah, "sports" I know (it's only sports)......but having said that : Go Rams! Let's make it a trifecta. ///

I am currently reading Rob Halford's autobiography "Confess", and boy is that an accurate title. It's a great book, but Rob is very frank and even shocking in places. I joked to Grimsley that he could have subtitled his book "T.M.I.", because in some instances, he gives you details you may not have required. All in all though, Rob is indeed The Metal God. He's lived one hell of a life, and Judas Priest has been a life force for many of us over the years. ////

Good Lordy Moses.

See you in the morning. I love you, Elizabeth.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment