I loved today's pictures! You look so perfect in that dress and (and gorgeous, too). No one does Halloween like you - it's not even close, and the person in second place would be miles behind you.
Man...I would love to go with you to one of these events. There seems to be a lot of them now. In the old days, there were the theme park Halloween makeovers (Knotts, Universal, Disneyland) and a few Haunted Hayrides. There was also the legendary Factory of Nightmares, which for a few years was held right here in Northridge at Devonshire Downs. I went to the very first Factory in San Fernando in October 1975 where Alice Cooper appeared to promote his first solo album. But there were about ten thousand people ahead of us in line and he left before we got in.
Getting back to the recent past, consider that you and I have actually done a Halloween together. Mostly in a car (and also at two houses), but still, we must ask: was it amazing?
I say yes.
In fact, it was an All Time Halloween.
It would be off the charts to do another one, but this time in the classic sense, or maybe the supernatural.
Do you like ghostly things? Walks and such. Observations of shadowy places?
You and me could do the All Time Halloween Walk.
I'm already "in the season" too (I kind of always am), and I just finished reading Paul Tremblay's "Dead But Dreaming of Electric Sheep", then immediately began "Halloweenland" by Al Sarratonio, a writer who specializes in the holiday. I also started re-watching the original "Dark Shadows" series (1966 -1971).
I like to look for Halloween in the ordinary places, too, like the crook of a tree or a chipped-up empty parking lot, when the light changes as Summer meets Fall. Halloween can be seen in the drapery of a stifling room... and of course in backlit spider webs, of which I am the photographic King.
Is there any chance we could do another Halloween together?
(gigantic love and xoxoxoxo) 💓
No comments:
Post a Comment