Tuesday, September 1, 2026

The Church Classroom (Happy Halloween Season!)

You are the undisputed Queen of Halloween, so let the season begin and let's enjoy every day. 💀

I have another memory involving us. It begins (I think) in the church parking lot. It must begin there, because I picture myself in one of the school rooms on the east side of the property. Think of the long, east/west parking lot, then remember how, in a recent blog, I described parking toward the far end in my early months with Pearl. I initially parked down there because the closer slots were full, and after I noticed you one day, I deliberately parked there the next time, hoping to see you again.

In my most recent memory (recovered two days ago), I see myself in this classroom. It could be a Sunday or Tuesday (for Golden Agers).

A tall lady is in the room with me. Collar-length straight brown hair, swept across her forehead. Freckles. You know her. She's a long-time church member who was in the choir when I joined. She sang with us until around late 2015.

Anyway, she's in the schoolroom with me in this memory, and she says (paraphrase) "what are you doing here?" and I say "I'm supposed to wait for (You)". I don't know if I used your name, or if I even knew it, but I probably did. 

I may have said."She wanted me to help move some books." That image is also in the memory, me carrying books into the classroom.

So, I'm in there waiting for you; you are supposed to be back any minute, but it's taking longer, and I say to the tall lady "this feels weird" or "I feel weird" or something like that, because it feels like I'm in a vacuum or a time warp.

The memory has an isolated feeling that is different than any of our other encounters I've described. I must have mentioned this feeling to the tall lady, because I distictly remember her saying (paraphrase): "That's because she put you under a spell." She might've said hypnosis instead of spell, but I think she said spell.

She went on to mention a "situation" at the church, and that You wanted to talk to me in secret. I've written about this aspect before, regarding incidents that took place in 2014, but this encounter feels much earlier. I have a hunch that, while I was waiting for you, another one of your friends entered the classroom, a plus-size girl (teenage or young adult) with long, wavy hair, who was a church regular back then, and who often read bible passages onstage in my first year in choir. She made a joke to you about, "wow, you sure have a lot of guts to take a chance like this." That is extremely paraphrased, but she meant the whole idea of having me in that room, under a spell, in secret.

But she agreed to be a lookout, because Pearl would be leaving in about 15 minutes or so, exiting the Choir Room, or The Fireside Room (if it was Golden Agers), and I had to be "back to normal" (de-hypnotized) and ready to pick her up. So, this girl volumteered to be a lookout for you. Here's a funny, possible detail: I picture an egg-timer in the classroom. Did you bring an egg-timer specifically for this purpose? Or is that my imagination? (Side note: in memory recovery, it is important to stress which details are less than vivid). The egg-timer is 50/50 for me.

Anyway, I think you had about 15 or 20 minutes to talk to me, and you did so. By now, it was just the two of us in the classroom. The tall lady had left, and your friend was outside being the lookout. You and I were alone. I think you did most of the talking, and I am 51% sure of some of the things you said (51% being probable rather than possible). However, all of what was said is between us.

I also have images of moccasins and saddle shoes. Did you ever wear either type of footwear?

I'm extremely curious about this memory. I'm certain it's from an actual encounter, and I'd love to know when it happened. 

Getting back to Halloween, I've also had an image (just a flash) of "meeting you" (being reintroduced to you) at a booth on the church grounds. A wooden booth. I remember the Fall Boutique they had every year, and the Rummage Sale. Pearl always went to those. In this flash image, someone says to me, "Oh, have you met (your name)?" or "have you met our witch?" I say "no", and I'm directed to this booth, where you are waiting, in costume. I realize I may have this image conflated with a certain photograph, but because it has persisted in meditation, I ask about it. Did they ever have a Witch Booth at any of the Fall Boutiques?

I'm super excited about this Halloween Season. If you are the Queen, I am at least The Prince!

I love you beyond measure.  💗 

No comments:

Post a Comment