Sunday, September 20, 2026

Happy Fall

I hope you had a good week. Yesterday marked five years since Pearl died, so its been an introspective time for me, but in a good way because I still feel her presence. I've been listening to a lot of the music I used to play for her in her later years, including Canterbury rock, of all things: groups like Caravan, Egg and Steve Hillage, all of which got her tapping her feet in the mornings as opposed to the classical stuff on KUSC (I love classical but it made Pearl sleepy). I've also been remembering the Halloweens I spent with her at her house, ten in all, and the first seven with Kobi, her dog (and my pal), who would dress up in his Pumpkin Poncho and spangled collar. Kobi in costume was a magnet for trick or treaters. Pearl and I had a blast handing out candy, and carving jack o' lanterns beforehand. We always had horror movies running all day long on TCM. My years as her caregiver were some of the best of my life, and it's amazing to know that you were part of those years. Imagine me seeing you in church, in 2016 perhaps, and having no idea that I knew you. Now, I wanna know all about what we did together, how many personal encounters we had -  everything!

I know I wasn't with you all the time, or even on a regular basis, but however many times we were together, they were meaningful and important enough that it has resulted in what I'm feeling now, and what I hope you're feeling. To me, the persistence of these feelings is astounding because they were buried in me - I wasn't aware I knew you - and yet they came to life all these years later. 

I'm a little concerned about stresses you may be dealing with (and if you aren't please disregard this), but I want you to hang in there because "We've got this", and I'll tell you right now - no one can stop us. No one can prevent us from being together, provided it's what you want. 

The bottom line is that we live not far apart, and I am going to be in church before the end of the year. I'll be there on Christmas Eve for sure, and if it's sooner, I will post it here to give you advance notice. Or, if you are planning to attend a service, just give me a hint when, and I'll be there. Then we'd actually be in the same room.

Let me know as much as you can, if you can, and if you want to.

I love you and am with you all the way. 💗

No comments:

Post a Comment