Saturday, September 9, 2017

Garden Of The Gods

I did drive up to Garden Of The Gods this afternoon, as I mentioned yesterday. It is located about a quarter mile west of the intersection of Topanga Canyon and Santa Susana Pass Road, on a small residential street called Red Mesa. Back in Buster Keaton's time, the street would have been a dirt road, and there would've been no houses anywhere nearby. There might've been Topanga Canyon Boulevard, but if it was paved it would have probably been just two lanes, one for either direction. Santa Susana Pass Road is still just two lanes, but at least it has been newly paved. The Pass goes back to Old Western times in the 1800s when it was a route for stagecoach traffic, and according to Wiki it's use goes back 8000 years, as far back as the settlements of the Tongva and Chumash Indians. Better you Google "Santa Susana Pass Road" for yourself if you want to, to read about it's long history.

I make a small but probably controversial disclaimer to say that while I am sure the Tongva and Chumash lived in the area and used the road, I neither believe nor disbelieve in the 8000 year historical marker. And that is because I do not believe in the theory of evolution (heresy, I know), and when one does not believe in the theory of evolution, it throws the entire Age Of The Earth into question, due to the wild fluctuations and documented multiple inaccuracies in the so-called science of the various forms of radiometric dating, i.e "carbon dating" and the like. The theory of evolution is obviously false; carbon dating, inaccurate and not proven to be true or false either way, ergo the Age Of The Earth is something that no one knows for certain, no matter how much faith a person may have in science to Know All.

No one Knows All, not even scientists, and they don't know the age of the earth, nor the Universe, no matter how much they would like you to believe they do. They don't even know there was a Big Bang. That's but a theory too, and one that is not standing up to scrutiny as it once did. Sorry 'bout that, but it's the truth : No One Knows.

Much in the same way that No One Knows What God Is. Not even science has had the temerity to take a stab at that, and many scientists would simply tell you There Is No Such Thing.

Sorry to go on a Tirade. I am not anti-science, in no way shape or form. It's just that Evolution is so demonstrably false, and because from Evolution so many other "scientific" theories derive, like the age of the Earth. I haven't the time to write my argument down; I'd need a year, but if you wish you can simply research it yourself and draw your own conclusions.

Back to Garden Of The Gods, thank God (lol), it was a blast to find myself, after a short hike off Red Mesa Drive, right there on the set of "Three Ages", the Buster Keaton film I saw last night at CSUN. I was standing in between the two main sandstone formations that are the "Gods" in the Garden Of Same. In the movie, Buster and other Cavemen fought over the leading lady, and an elephant moved to and fro. I have been to The Garden several times, and taken pictures, but this was the first time when I was acutely aware of what I was looking at in a cinematic sense, simply because I had seen "Three Ages" last night.

It was cool to stand in the same place where Buster Keaton stood, 95 years ago, and it still looks almost exactly the same. Trees and bushes have grown a bit..........but not too much.

It once again made me think of the phenomenon of time, and how time goes fast and slow at the same time, and how some things change, like from Buster Keaton's time to mine (think of all the fashions and styles and music and history and wars and cultural change from the 1920s til now, not to mention the inventions).

And then there are the Rocks. They don't change, not for 100 years, or 8000. Or even for 80 Million, which I am not sure I believe anymore.

But screw all that for now.

What I got out of my visit was that Buster was running around on those rocks 95 years ago and I was standing there today.

See you in the morn.  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment