Saturday, September 23, 2017

Keys + SB

Tonight I am writing from home. I'm off til Sunday morning. Today was busy, as it always is on changeover days when Pearl's daughter comes down, and I was getting a lot of stuff done and it was business as usual, until about 4pm. That's when I reached into my pocket and realised I didn't have my car keys.

Oy.

I don't know about you, but I am a Big Time Double Checker. I suppose it's mostly an age thing, but -wait a minute, I'm no old fogey! - so it might just be an Information Age Busy World Thing, a Multitasking Thing, where I always wanna make sure I've got everything I need for the Whole Bunch Of Stuff I always have to do. Mostly, that just means patting myself down every time I leave The Tiny (and before I close the door) to make sure I have all my keys, my wallet and my phone. It's a routine thing, something that's automatic. I don't even think about it, I just pat my pockets, front and back (mostly front cause I can always feel my wallet back there), and I can tell when everything is in place, just by touch sensation. I have three sets of keys : one for The Tiny Apt., one for Pearl's house and car, and one for my car. "Why don't I just keep 'em all one one giant ring"?, you ask.....because then if I lost my keys, I'd lose all of them.

So luckily for me, I only lost my car keys, haha. Now, I am pretty sure I misplaced them rather then actually lost them, because I mentally retraced my steps and my locations during the day, and I also thought about my actions. And to make a long story short, I am 99.9 % certain that my keys are somewhere on Pearl's property, and quite possibly even in her recycling bin.

You see, I am a person who is forever holding things in my hands. Let's say I am on my walk, and I am listening to phone messages. When I am done, I am liable to just fold up my phone (old school flip phone) and hold it in my hand and keep walking. Same deal with keys. Usually, after I lock up my apt. and proceed out the door, I have my house keys in hand. If I am getting into a car, I automatically pocket them. But if I am on my walk I will usually just grip them the entire time.

I'm a hands person, but nowdays I'm a little bit more fumble fingered because of the Dupuytrens.

So, after mentally retracing my steps, and thinking what I did today relative to my car, I am thinking that I fumbled my keys somewhere by the recycling bin, when I grabbed the morning paper after getting out of my car and then went to the bin to dispose of the newspaper's plastic bag. I am guessing I disposed my keys along with it.

So I will check on Sunday after church. They are either in the blue bin or somewhere in that area. If I can't find 'em, no major deal. My car is very ancient, I've had it since 2006, and it is due for a smog check next January that I am not sure it would pass.......but I will try to find my keys anyway, and I'll let you know. Keep your fingers crossed for me.  :)

Elizabeth, I hope you got your car repaired, and I guess you must have or you wouldn't have traveled to the Apple Orchard the other day. I hope everything else is going well, too. I am thinking about you, as always, and I am always looking forward to your future projects. I have no doubt that your career is gonna take off in Chicago right where you left off back in Madison. That is absolutely gonna happen, so count on it. I am always right here in your corner, y'know.  :):)

I saw one post, via a video director, where you made a comment in reference to the movie "Sin City", and yes indeed that is a striking visual style to use stark black and white, with only marginal grey scale in between, and then to emphasize just one or two very saturated colors The look of the graphic novel, and also with the geometrically situated camera angles. You know what I mean.

Also glad to see that Sarah & Steve are touring Europe. I saw the posts from Wales, and that is beyond cool that they got to see that castle. You should go to England one day too. For me, it would be my first destination if I visited Europe. All that history, and all of that ancient culture, still intact......

Let's go.  :):)

That's all for tonight. See you in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment