Monday, September 18, 2017

Happy Sunday

Sunday Night Mega-Tired. Writing to avoid becoming irrelevant, even though I don't have much to say. Can't keep missing blogs though. SB, are you out there?  :)

There's no way to tell if she reads anymore. Sigh......well, if you don't I don't blame you, girl Just - whatever you do - keep making music and videos and taking pictures, and drawing and painting too!

Sculpting? Yes indeed. Though I suppose you can put that one on the back burner for now. But one day you shall sculpt, I am certain.  :)

If you are reading, Elizabeth, I hope all is going well in Chicago. I haven't seen too many posts in the past few days, but I did see the picture of Izzy the dog, and he looks like a great guy to me. I have got a framed photo of Kobi here on the kitchen table as I type, and I sure do miss him, even though I feel like he is always with me - my ghost doggie and constant companion. One day I would like to have another actual dog, however, a real live dog, and I am sure that The Doberman Pinscher wouldn't mind.

I'll bet you would like to have a dog one day too.  :)

Right now we still have The Black Kitty, and she is pretty sweet for a semi-feral cat. She still swats at me, though, if I try to pet her coming from the front, i.e. "face forward". The only way she will not swat is if you approach your hand from behind her head, or from a side angle. She is also a major Chow Hound who pounds bowls of cat food and then wants more a couple of hours later. It must be Chinese Cat Food I am feeding her, haha. Lately, we have another kitty that has been joining her for lunch. Every day for about three weeks now, at around Noon, another Black Kitty appears, this one with white paws and muzzle. I think she had been trying to steal our Black Kitty's food, and so I just got her a bowl and have begun to feed her as well. She only comes over for lunch, but hasn't missed a day in quite a while.  :)

This morn was church, and the singin' was good. Our other tenor was absent, so I was singing solo in that regard, but I trust my voice now and always have fun no matter the lineup.

This evening I watched a short film called "The Butcher Boy", directed by and starring Fatty Arbuckle and featuring Buster Keaton. This film, known as a "short" is the first exhibit in the dvd collection of Buster Keaton Shorts that I ordered last week from Amazon, and which just arrived at my door. "The Butcher Boy" was made in 1917, one hundred years ago (doggone amazing) and if I am not mistaken it is Buster Keaton's first film appearance. Both he and Fatty Arbuckle are hilarious, and I've got a whole bunch of Shorts to continue watching on the 5 disc set.

It tells you a lot that I am not a huge comedy person and yet I ordered the Keaton set, which on top of being 100 years old is also silent. And I am not doing Silent just to be cool or hipster. I am way past that stage in life. No, Silent films are Silent films, a genre unto their own, but I think that the comedic energy of these guys, and their creativity, transcends the Silent Era. I think if Buster Keaton (or Fatty) came out today, debuted in 2017 with their first movie and made with 2017 techniques but with their own inimitable style, they would still be huge at the box office. That's what makes Keaton so great. He is a wild man of comedy who is funny to anyone in any era.

So that's the news for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment