Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Grim Bailed On "Twin Peaks" + Chatsworth Park + Chromebook Stlll Working + Insane Clown Posse

No movie tonight. Instead, it was "Twin Peaks" time with Grimsley once again, where I show him an episode I have already seen. We watched Episode 6, which I saw and reviewed a couple weeks ago. There is some graphic violence in this one, two scenes that are pretty shocking, and Grim didn't make it all the way through, as I think I predicted when I first reviewed it. After the second scene in question, he decided he'd had enough, and he just got up out of his chair and walked out the door of my apartment, muttering that David Lynch must be brain damaged.

I disagree about the brain damage, but I understand his reaction. These are scenes that would shock many viewers and would cause some to discontinue watching the series. I shant describe them to you.

For me, I will say that Lynch could have cut one or two edits out of each scene, totaling just a few frames of footage, and the shock factor might have been lessened. But that's why he is David Lynch, because he doesn't cut away. It was graphic, yes, but not gratuitous if that makes any sense. He shows it to you, but it is quick and overwith. I have seen far worse in horror movies. I'm unshockable anyway.

So that was that. Grim bailed out, and we will see if he wants to try another episode next week. My guess is no.  ////

I am still off work, so I drove out to Chatsworth Park at 4pm. No major hike this time, just a leisurely stroll. For reference, Chatsworth Park is a city park that lies below Santa Susana State Park where I hike. Both parks occupy the same general landscape, but Chatsworth is maintained (has lawns and plants and playground facilities) whereas Santa Su is untouched open country. At Chatsworth I wandered around and took a few pictures of Old Mr. Tree. I will post one on FB tomorrow so that you can see why I call him that.

Speaking of pictures - and computers - today I tried plugging my photo card into my Chromebook again, and this time it worked fine. My photos uploaded, and I was able to post a couple on Facebook with no problems. The computer didn't crash today either. Go figure. So we'll just take it day by day for now. As long as I can use FB, and post pics, and write my blogs, I will keep using the Chromebooks I have. We'll see what happens, but today there were no glitches whatsoever.

Here is another Classic Progressive Rock album for you, tremendous in the tradition of the era. I will number it at 11, so that it follows the recently posted Top Ten, but actually it has no numerical position at the moment. It's just a great album and the number is only for convenience.

11) "Solar Fire" by Manfred Mann's Earth Band. This is another one of the very first albums I ever bought when I started to hang out at College Records in 1973. The main reason was the song "Father Of Day, Father Of Night". It was a Bob Dylan cover that Manfred Mann built up into a prog rock masterpiece, with rapturous church organ chords churning in the background, backing up Mick Rodgers' soulful voice. He gives premier English Choirboy Greg Lake a run for his money on this song, and he also contributes a sparse but blistering guitar solo that brings the emotion to a crescendo. The rest of the album is good, too, but because of the epic "Father Of Day, Father Of Night", it is one of the great Progressive Rock albums of all time.

SB, I saw a post on Facebook about your friend Cody's band. I think he has just completed a tour, and he was thanking the folks who made it possible.......but :

The first Thank You went to Insane Clown Posse, and........

I suppose that you might have made that post just as a general FB "like", in support of your friend.

Being that the first thanks went out to Insane Clown Posse on the other hand, makes me think that you were trying to "get" me, lol, and if that was the case, then it worked......;)

I won't go off on The Posse at the moment, or even the Juggalos, haha, because I am too tired.

But I will keep it in my files and I will monitor the situation. So don't even try to post Limp Bizkit.  

See you in the morning.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment