Monday, April 2, 2018

Happy Easter! + Dog Ears + Save The Cinematheque! + Alisha Owen

Happy Easter once again, a great day in the Greatest sense, and I hope yours was a good one in whatever way you celebrated it, whether at church, a family gathering, hopping around with The Easter Bunny or perhaps doing all three of those things. Holy Smokes! : I overslept and barely made it to church on time after stopping to pick up Pearl. Missed the 9:45 pre-service choir practice. Luckily we had a fairly easy anthem to sing which I had already memorized during the week. I was so late that I didn't even have a chance to have a cup of coffee beforehand, or to drink a lot of water which helps my voice. I mean, I was so late that if I hadn't woken up when I did, I'd have missed the Easter Service.

Which would've been hugely disappointing for me, and also embarrassing because "Hey, Ad -where were ya"? "Oh.......I overslept". On Easter.

So Thank You Lord for waking me at the last minute, because I did make it to church, with Pearl and with a few minutes to spare. The singing was good too, despite the lack of coffee and water, both of which were administered in large quantities once the service was over.

The preceding was my "Whew! I made it to church on time"! preamble, and now I must comment on another matter.

Hey Elizabeth! I hope you had a nice Easter Sunday, but I've just gotta say that those posts of the Dog Pictures, with the Rabbit Ears, are an absolute riot! Those are a major lol. :) First I saw one pic, where the ears have been manipulated (pinched behind the scenes, I think), so that they are upright and concave. They look like Rabbit Ears, doggonnit.

So I thought that first pic was funny, and then I went on my way, scrolling down on FB, and then I saw another one. Different dog; same ears.

And I was thinking....."I just know that The SB is tryin' to get me with these Dog Ears. Or Dog With Bunny Ears. I know that's what the deal is".

And I thought it was a riot because it's one of those "nudge, nudge" things, where the dog in each pic is looking at you with a straight face, like "Yeah.....it's Me, The Easter Bunny. You can tell by my ears".

So yeah, thanks for posting those pics. Huge mirth was generated. :) :)

After our service at church we went back to Pearl's and had a nice Easter Brunch put together by her daughter Helen. I got back home a little late to go for a hike, and I was a bit beached anyway, but it was all good. I spent part of the evening writing my email letter to the group of CSUN adminstrators who have control over the fate of the Cinematheque, which as you know is in jeopardy of being re-formatted after this semester, a change that will also result in Professor Tim being replaced as the host.

That would be a travesty, and I hope I was articulate in getting my point across to the CSUN bigwigs. It took me over an hour to write the letter, so no time was left for any movies or TV shows unfortunately, but the Cinematheque must be saved!

I spent the remainder of the evening reading "The Franklin Scandal". It is over 600 pages long and I am almost finished, and when I do finish (tomorrow, probably) I will likely go on a tirade of some type. I mean, I know that I already have gone on a couple of Franklin tirades, but I have now completed a lengthy chapter at the end of the book describing what Alisha Owen had to endure as the main witness and victim of the Nebraska pedophile ring, and the injustices she was subjected to simply because she told the truth in court. She wound up serving years in prison for perjury that she did not commit. All she ever did was tell the truth.

And it makes me so mad, because as I've said before there are a few parallels to Northridge 1989, especially the involvement of Feds and the absolute 100% refusal to talk about the subject on the part of victims and witnesses, which exists even more so in the case of Northridge than in the Nebraska scenario. It is beyond scary and horrible what was done to Alisha Owen by the state of Nebraska judicial system, and by the Federal government as represented by the FBI. It was something that you would expect would happen in Nazi Germany or The Soviet Union, or even in a place so scary that it hadn't been invented yet.

But it happened right here in America, and it came to a head in 1989.

See you in the morn.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment