Monday, May 14, 2018

Light Years + Happy Mother's Day + "Bride Of The Monster" + Google "Zana" + "Almas" (very important)

Light Years Tired - That is when your tiredness can only be measured by how far light has traveled since the last time you got some sleep. Or something like that. :) I was gonna retire the Sunday Night Superlatives, and I think it's been several weeks since I used one as my opener, but tonight I had to bring it back because I don't think I've ever used Light Years to measure tiredness before.

I wanted to make my explanation of Light Years Tired a lot more convoluted than it is - make it ultra mathematical and relative and add in Red Shift, and measure the speed and distance traveled of tiredness........but it was taking me too long to come up with something both plausible and sufficiently ridiculous, and I was getting too tired to continue (which was tiredness feeding back on itself, like a guitar and amplifier) so I gave up and went with the simple approach as written above. I hope it will suffice for tonight.

We had a nice morning in church, with good singing. I drank a little bit of orange juice beforehand, and I am having good results with the citrus effect so I will keep using it as part of my pre-choir intake : lots of water, a modicum of coffee, a twinge of juice. Voila! Voice works how I want it to.

They had a nice Mother's Day service at Reseda Methodist, with red and pink carnations passed out to all the ladies present, and a great sermon by Pastor G. I thought of my Mom, who I miss every day, and who was a wonderful and awesome lady. Elizabeth, if you are reading I hope you had a nice Mother's Day with your Mom, and I wish this for everyone, and also for anyone who misses their Momma as much as I miss mine.

The rest of the day was just a chill out, because of the Sunday Factor and because I was very much affected by the concert last night.

Tonight I watched a movie called "Bride Of The Monster" (1956), directed by the legendary Ed Wood of "Plan 9 From Outer Space" infamy. I wasn't planning to watch it, because I had a dvd from the Libe lined up for tonight, but when I got home this evening at 7pm, I was browsing horror movies on Amazon (because I am always on the hunt), and I came across "Bride".....and I thought, "hmmm, it's supposed to be an Ed Wood classic, and I'll bet it's on Youtube". And it was, with a very good print, too. I don't normally watch movies on a computer, and ordinarily I would not do so, but all of a sudden I was drawn in. 

I suddenly needed to see "Bride Of The Monster", because it was classic and cheesy, but also because as I started to watch the video, it looked really good, with a lot of Haunted House atmosphere. I am not an Ed Wood expert, but I'd guess that this is one of his more accomplished films. Bela Lugosi stars in his very last role, as a Mad Scientist who is bent on using Atomic Power to create a race of Superhumans. He lives in a Scary Mansion over which lightning is always striking every night. He has a Giant Man Of Subnormal Intelligence working for him (Tor Johnson), who helps Lugosi to capture and then experiment on poor souls who made the mistake of wandering out near the swamp that surrounds his property. Bela also has at his disposal a Giant Squid who lives in the swamp, and who is accessible to him via a large water tank. The victims of Lugosi who have not successfully passed through his experiments are given over to the Squid, and man. this is something that you would not want to befall you.

You would rather have Tor Johnson get hold of you than be tossed to the Giant Squid, trust me.

"Bride Of The Monster" is actually a very good Wood film, believe it or not. There is a section in the last half of the movie that features a dramatic meeting between Bela Lugosi and a spy from his home country of Hungary, in which the spy tries to persuade him to return home. Here we see some of the best acting of Lugosi's career, which manifests onscreen like an exercise in German Expressionism.

The scene is pure theater, but it's also downright weird, and it is a highlight of "Bride Of The Monster".

I give it Two Thumbs Up, in this case calibrated for the fact that it's an Ed Wood film, but it's also really good, given that caveat. 

As I Googled afterward, I saw that it is a famous film by Mr. Wood, and I am surprised I had never seen it before. Now I have. ////

Lastly for tonight, I wanted to ask you "how are we doing on that Patterson/Gimlin film"?

Have you watched the Sasquatch/Bigfoot movie yet? If you have watched it, what do you think? Real or not real? Lemme know. You know where I stand.

On the same subject - and as per "Forbidden Archaeology" (my source book) - we have now read about the Yeti of Mongolia and Northern Asia. He is also known in folklore as The Abominable Snowman. He's apparently a real dude, and you can Google him if you wish (Google "Shipton Footprint"), but more importantly tonight, I want you to Google a homonid known as the Almas of southern Asia. Read about the Almas in China and Russia in the 19th Century.

And then Google a person known as Zana. Google "Zana" + "Almas" and see what you get. Read about Zana, and make sure you check Google Images for the famous picture of her. You will also find pictures of her son, who died in the mid or late 1800s.

Make sure you do all this Googling and studying, so that we can continue our discussion of Living Ape-Men who may be with us in the world today. And go back and look at the Patterson/Gimlin film if you haven't already.

But check out Zana for sure, because I'd be interested in your verdict. You already know mine.

See you in the morning after a Monster Sleep-In.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment