Wednesday, May 2, 2018

The Desire To Write About Childhood Memories

No movie tonight, but I did watch an episode of "George Gently", thereby finishing up Season Two of that most excellent show. There aren't many episodes per season - just 6 for Season One and a mere 4 for #2 - but given that each 90 minute episode is like a movie, it must be a lot of work each year just to produce the few they do (or did) make. The show began in 2008. Each episode is based on a book in the "Gently" series by British crime author Alan Hunter, who wrote 46 of 'em! I think the show ran from '08 to '14, and then came back for an encore in 2017. They have made 34 of the 46 stories and maybe they'll do the last twelve at some point, though the actors are getting older. I will order Season Three later this year, after I catch up on the dvds of "Rawhide" and "Kolchak" and "Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea" that I bought last year, when I bit off more tv series than I could chew.

Do ya ever do that? Buy more, of anything in particular, dvds, books, cds, than you can consume in a reasonable amount of time? Even food, I'll include that too. Do you ever "overbuy", as Kramer from "Seinfeld" would say? I don't usually buy too much, but this time I did..... :)

I am in "Intake" mode these days, where - because of my job and the resultant time limitations - I consume art rather produce it. Everything is input : books, movies, tv shows. I do attempt a small artistic output, with my drawings, but I wanna do more, and I am hoping that in my 60s I will have a chance to really devote myself to artistic output.

I want to write something called "The Lorne Street School Story", which has to do with very unusual childhood memories, and going back even further to vague but persistent memory fragments from age 2 to 4, when children are not supposed to retain memory.

I believe that at the time of the Manhattan Project, the possibilities of all kinds of other technologies were being researched concurrently. The 1950s and early 1960s were the heyday of high level aerospace and defense corporations like Raytheon, and Bell Laboratories, which researched things like soundwave and decibel technology, photoelectric technology, and alternate fuel components such as cobalt.

I am certain that a lot of research that was done at that time was hidden from the public, and out of all that amazing research came this Modern Scientific Monolith called America, which only four or five decades previous had been an agricultural society.

When I finally have the time to go all the way and write what is in the deepest recesses of my head, I will talk about memories I have from 1965, when I was in kindergarten.

Elizabeth, if you are reading, I saw a post today about "having a new job". I don't know if you meant that you have a new project, or if you are in a new "job-job". I hope it's the former! If, that is, I am even interpreting your posts correctly. I also saw a couple of posts having to do with your friends out here in the desert in California.

If something is happening, post more! And even if things are just proceeding as usual, post more. :)

It is 2am and I can hear birds talking quite loudly in Pearl's backyard. It  sounds like an aviary.

Birds have their own world, entirely separate from humans and other animals on the ground. And boy do they ever have their own language. I would love to know what they are saying.

See you in the morning.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment