Sunday, May 20, 2018

"Twin Peaks" Masterpiece + Waterfall Trail + What Is Under Your Feet? + How Do You Feel?

No movie tonight, but I did watch "Twin Peaks" Episode 15, and the show just gets better and better as things start to resolve, with only three more episodes to go. #15 was one of the super weird ones, and it is these episodes especially - there are about five of them - that have me convinced that "Twin Peaks" (2017) is Lynch's masterpiece. I guess, to be fair, I'd have to include the original TP as well, and just call the whole thing his masterpiece. I think I may have already said that, but it's these truly weird, horrific and otherworldly episodes from the new series that clinch it.

I wish the show would never end.  :) What would be your show, that you get lost in and wish would never end? We all have one......(so tell me or give me a hint). :)

I had a very nice hike today, at Santa Susana which is full of blooming wildflowers. The blooms don't last long because rain is scarce and the heat will soon hit hard, but I saw a lot of color today on my way up the Waterfall Trail. I don't know the names of the native plants, but the main color is yellow, followed by light purple, a little bit of red, and then those Fuzzy White Things with a purple tinge that I would ordinarily think of as "cat tails" except I know they aren't. So - "fuzzy white things" it is.

I've been trying to make time for hikes. I also made it to Aliso yesterday, and my hike today up the steep Waterfall trail was especially satisfying, not only because of the color, but because I felt like I was getting back out there, and getting my legs back into shape.

On a side note, I have mentioned the sign at the trailhead that states, before you enter the park, "this is a protected archaeological site", etc, etc. Excavation and disturbance of the natural surroundings is prohibited. That sign is recent. It appeared about a year ago, and it wouldn't have fazed me until I began reading "Forbidden Archaeology" in March of this year. But now, every time I go out there, I am wondering what's in the ground? I know that it is sacred Indian land, and should not be excavated.

But it's also a site with 80 million year old landforms, and man....I would love to know what's there.

You know how last night I recommended to you some movies? Tonight I will recommend you a book, and it is "Forbidden Archaeology". I know you won't read it, and I can't blame you if you don't, because it is dry and academic and 800 pages long, but boy it is ever a mindblower, because it gets you to thinking about all the people and beings that have been here on Earth before, and it gets you thinking and wondering what is underneath your feet. As hard as it has been to get through, I'd say that "Forbidden Archaeology" has been one of the most important books I've ever read.

I asked you about your favorite show, the one you get lost in, and so now I'll ask you about your favorite book. What book has had a lasting influence on your life? It could be anything. It could be fiction. "IT" by Stephen King would be on my All Time list, of books that have affected me. Or it could be nonfiction of any type, even a biography. Or a history book, or a science book.....

I could list a bunch, cause I love to read, but tonight I want to know what you like.

What has stayed with you, what has had a lasting influence on your life?  You can give me a hint on Facebook.  :)

I watched a replay of The Royal Wedding on CNN tonight at Pearl's. It was beautiful, and the ceremony was magnificent, but............I felt a bit sad because I wish I was married, too.

I know you already know that, but it's hard for me, and it helps if I write about it.  :)

Being single sucks as you close in on 60. Don't try this at home.

There is an awesome and incredible spiritual power that I feel inside of me, though, and it is this power that drives me forward and keeps me going, because I know I have something I have to accomplish, and I believe it is something important.

What do you think? What drives you forward? How do you feel about life?

See you in the morning and again after church.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)


No comments:

Post a Comment