Saturday, June 30, 2018

Congratulations, Elizabeth! (and also "Wow"!)

Tonight, first things first : huge congratulations to Elizabeth on having her film "Elemental" selected to be shown on the gigantic Standard Vision outdoor screen at the Marriott Hotel at L.A. Live. It will be showing all Summer, from July to September, and.......whoa, SB!

This is amazing! Earlier this evening I saw your FB icon under this new heading of "Stories" that FB recently instituted. I didn't know what the "Stories" link referred to because I'd never had reason to click it before. Your post for "Elemental" went by pretty quickly, so I had to click it a few times to see what what happening, but when I was able to read the whole thing, I thought...."My Goodness"!

You know how, way back in 2012, I said that "sometimes all you can say is 'wow' "?

Well this is one of those times! So here goes : "Wow"!!!

I knew something good was gonna happen with your film, and I said so when you were showing at the Wisconsin Film Fest. I thought, "well, this will lead to something else because people who can do something about it will be seeing it". And then you had the other screenings a month or so ago, and I said the same thing.

And now, tons of people who will be walking past Staples Center will see your movie. Staples is where the Lakers play, and which is also the biggest concert arena in Los Angeles. I saw Van Halen and Rush there. Staples Center is part of a major entertainment complex called LA Live (which I am sure you know by now), and it is a place that also has a lot of restaurants, and it's just a huge center for the Entertainment Industry and it attracts large crowds on a nightly basis.

I hope you get a chance to see it in person for yourself, just to see how much of a big deal it is.

You deserve it, because this time you have knocked the ball so far out of the park that you are in a whole new ballpark.

I knew something good was gonna happen. :):)

I will be sure to get down to Staples at some point this Summer, so I can see "Elemental" for myself on the giant screen. I can't say exactly what day I will be able to go, because I only just a few hours ago saw the news, but I can take a day trip on a future day off, where I can take the train to Downtown like I did a couple years ago, and I can bring my camera and make an afternoon of it.

Two thoughts occur to me. 1) This is an amazing achievement. 2) This was always going to happen, from Day One.

Think back to when you made the "Autre Temps" video just six and a half years ago, and here you are now.

And, this break will lead to yet another one. But your foot is in the door now, Elizabeth, and the door is opening.

As my Dad used to say about Hollywood, "once you're in, you're in"!

Congratulations once again, and post updates with any new info, such as screening times if you can find them out, or anything else.

Wow! You've gotta see your own movie at L.A. Live for yourself.  :)   ///

That's really all I know for tonight because it's such great news. I didn't watch a movie because Grimsley came over. We watched the Paul McCartney "Carpool Karaoke" that was originally shown a couple weeks ago. Grim taped it of course. Any factories still producing vhs tapes will never go out of business as long as Grimsley is around. It was great to see Sir Paul back in Liverpool, though, and I have been Googling the price of trips there, because I have to see the birthplace of The Beatles before......too much more time passes.

Let's say before I'm "64". Or even better, "When I'm 64".

That's when I will go to Liverpool. :)

I also finished "The Outsider" today. By Stephen King. It was Un-Put-Downable, a combination of his recent crime thrillers like "Mr. Mercedes" and the most base and primal themes of his early works of pure horror like "Cujo". That book was about a dog; "The Outsider" is about a Doppleganger, but the monster in each book is a product of Pure Evil, a subject that SK can describe with more insight than any other author before or since.

See you in the morning.   xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment