Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Cool Shirts + Cave Of Munitz + Mr. Moto

Today was my last day off until mid-July, so I did another sleep-in just like yesterday. Stayed inside for a while too, just like yesterday. It's rare that I get to take my time, so I did just that, drinking coffee and playing guitar for a while. At mid-afternoon I went to Northridge Mall to look for new shirts, nice button up shirts, but I couldn't find anything that was "me". The colorful shirts looked too Hawaiian, and I've got enough Hawaiian shirts. I didn't want long sleeve dress shirts, just something short sleeve and stylin' so I won't just be in t-shirts or Polos all the time. I think I went to the Mall a few days too late, because a lot of stuff probably got stored after Father's Day, so I'll go back and look again before Fourth of July.

I like color but it's gotta be the right combination and the right pattern. Other than that I like black, but not plain black. It's gotta have something else happening, something subtle. Just gimme a cool shirt or two and I'll go away. But they've gotta be just right, or I swear - I'll keep wearing t-shirts and Polos!

And you don't want that, now, do you? So help me find some Cool Shirts and it'll be win/win.  :):)

Thanks in advance as always. ///

After the Mall I drove down to the end of Vanowen to go to El Escorpion Park. I am trying to do hikes on my days off that I can no longer get to on workdays, and I wanted something easy today after Rocky Peak yesterday, so I chose El Escorpion because it has The Cave Of Munitz, which is both photogenic and spiritually magnetic. It is truly something to behold because it looks like a castle made out of sandstone. The Cave is different from all the other sandstone formations in the area. It seems as if it emerged fully formed, from the bottom of the sea or wherever it originated 80 million years ago. I only go to El Escorpion Park about four or five times a year, but when I do I always spend some time standing before The Cave, to take in it's vibe. There is a Quiet that you can sense, but there is power in the quiet, and you always see a hawk circling. You hear bird calls, and the buzz of bees. There are millions of bees there, good thing I'm not skeered anymore, haha. But it's like the birds know.

Whatever it is that you are feeling as you stand before The Cave, which looks like a Wizard's Castle in a movie, whatever it is giving off - the birds know it. They know about The Cave, and the way the Sun sets behind the hill to cast long shadows upon it. You can feel it as you stand there and try to comprehend 80 million years of it's existence, let alone that of the Indian Chief Mr. Munitz, who is said to have lived in The Cave centuries ago and whose curse is supposed to haunt it. You'd have to ask the local Canoga Park residents about that; I am but a mere tourist. But the birds, they know, and you can tell when you stand there.

Birds know a lot of stuff that we don't. They have their own world, after all. ///

This evening I did watch a movie, another Mr. Moto entitled "Thank You, Mr. Moto". This time, as the movie opens, Mr. Moto is in the Gobi Desert in Mongolia. He is in disguise as a camel driver in a caravan, but in reality he is looking for a lost Chinese Scroll, an artwork that is part of a puzzle of scrolls that will lead to The Treasure Of Ghengis Khan (who seems to figure in a lot of adventure movie plots from the 1930s). A "veddy Brrittish" art collector is also after the missing Scroll...

Just a moment....you do know the correct pronunciation for "veddy Brrittish", do you not? I'm pretty sure you do, so I'll trust that you've got it.

The thing with all of the characters who are after the Scroll, is that they are messing with Mr. Moto, and they don't understand that you just don't do that.

Mr. Moto will solve the case and stop all bad guys in their tracks every time, and he will do it all in 66 minutes. He will also deliver the romance (with Janet Regan), except that it will not involve him because.....he is Japanese. And formal.

Or maybe because he is Peter Lorre, who personifies Mr. Moto.

They should've made a hundred Mr. Motos. I may even like him more than Charlie Chan, which is saying something. ///

So that was my days off, going hiking, waking up slow with coffee and guitar, listening to Bass Communion while reading, looking for shirts and finding none....

Now I just need somebody to do it all with, especially the things they like to do.  :):)

See you in the morning.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment