Monday, June 11, 2018

Good Singin' + Five Times Fast + I Finished "Twin Peaks", Lynch's Masterpiece

A very "Super Tired" Sunday Night to ya! Hope you're feeling Super Tired as well (not really - it just sounded like a friendly greeting). We had a nice send-off for our Pastor this morning in church, with what looked like more people in the pews than I've seen in the 3 1/2 years I've been there. The singing was good, too. Pastor G is moving to Hawaii, as mentioned, and we will have a new Pastor in a few weeks.

After church I drove to Burbank to take my sister Sophie shopping. Try saying that fast, five times (or however many times you are supposed to repeat a tongue tying phrase when you are saying it fast) :

Sister Sophie Shopping. Or, because it's fast, Sistersophieshopping...

Are you doing it? Are you saying it five times? And real fast (as opposed to just plain fast)?

Okay, good. Thanks very much for participating. I know it wasn't exactly "Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers", but I thought it was worthy of, let's say, introductory-level tongue-tie consideration.

If you've got any good ones yourself, please let me know. Tell me how many times to say 'em, and I guarantee I'll do it. You can count on me. :)

When I got back from Burbank, I read some more of my super depressing Indigenous People's History.

This is one book I'll not give updates on. All I will do is suggest you read it if you are interested, and I will say once again that the United States has got to do something major to acknowledge this largely unknown situation, which is horrible in the extreme.

My wish is that Indian Culture will become prominent again, and that their way of life will one day influence ours. ///

This evening, I watched the 18th and final episode of "Twin Peaks : The Return" (2017), and thereby finished the series that I began watching in February. David Lynch has been one of my favorite filmmakers for over forty years now. Like many hard core DL fans, I have watched and obsessed over everything he's done, and - in agreement with some fans whose reviews I have read - I can say unequivocally that in my opinion the eighteen hour "Twin Peaks" from 2017, which some fans call Season Three, is Lynch's masterpiece, everything he has been working toward since "Eraserhead".

There is so much going on in "TP 2017", with it's 217 listed characters, that I think I'd have to watch it at least two more times just to get a handle on the two dozen or so outlying story threads that stand apart from the main plot. "Twin Peaks" has always been part Soap Opera, and the 2017 version was no different, it's just that this time around, Lynch was determined to let loose his most far out movie instincts into the television process.

I said earlier that Original Twin Peaks was plenty weird, though more folksy......and nice.

This one was all over the map : weird, brutal, far out, off the charts, sentimental, dark, atomic.

The setting off of the Atomic Bomb at the Nevada Test Site in 1945 plays a big part in the weirdness of this "Twin Peaks", because it may have opened a hole in the Universe, or effected a time displacement.

I hope you had a great day. Hope it was weird, too.

Not really. I just thought it sounded like a nice greeting.

Unless you like Weird. In which case you are just like me, and if you are, then I really do hope you had a Weird Day.

I've gotta go to sleep now, before I lose my last remaining marbles.

See you in the morn.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment