Thursday, June 14, 2018

"Hereditary" + Hey SB!

This afternoon I went to the theater again to see the new horror movie, "Hereditary". My sister Vickie went with me. She was getting her hair done near the Granada Hills Regency, so that's where we saw it, on a nice big screen with good sound and a small matinee audience, all of which I like.

I don't think I wanna tell you too much about "Hereditary", because unlike a lot of the older movies I watch on dvd, this one is a popular hit in current release, and you may want to see it. Therefore, I will try to just describe around the edges of the story.

The first thing I will say is that this is one of the creepiest flicks I have seen in a while. At first, there seems to be a mental illness issue with a main character. But we see that the character has had a lot to deal with in life, because of a parent. I really don't want to tell you more than that.

I will say, in a humorous way - as per Horror Movie Locations - that though the woods and mountains are beautiful, that you would have to be nuts to live in a house like that, and I wouldn't live in such a place if you gave me the house for free. If I were in that movie, I would have rented a steamroller and demolished the place. Then I would've continued into the town to take care of a few more places....

If you are a character in a horror movie, it is not good for you to live in a place that is surrounded by mountains and tall pine trees that blow in the wind.

If you are in a horror movie, you should live in a Regular Neighborhood, because then maybe nothing bad will happen to you.

But wait a minute.......how can you say that? What about the people in all of those "Paranormal Activity" movies? They lived in a condo in San Diego, didn't they? How much more Normal can you get?

Well, look.......don't give me a hard time about it. I'll take the normal house over the giant wooden mansion in the woods, any day. I like to go hiking in the woods; I don't wanna live there.

And that is because I might wind up in a horror movie.

So yeah, if I had directed the movie, I would've had a really big steamroller run over the house after about the first hour, and then nothing bad would've happened and the movie would have ended (and been very short) and nobody would've gotten creeped out.

But wait a minute.........none of what happened was the house's fault. This ain't a "house" movie.

So stop picking on the house!

Okay......but I still wouldn't live there if you paid me.

"Hereditary" starts off slow, but builds. It has a dismal atmosphere due to great photography and direction by it's young filmmakers. The cast is terrific, though they may all belong in an asylum.

Certainly one or two or three of them need to be steamrolled, too. Maybe more.

Man, it's schpooky.

Hey Elizabeth, I have gotta interject here to say that I saw your movie, too. The student film you made with your friend that was recently posted on your FB. You were great in your role and so was the woman playing the mother. In your scene with her, the aftermath of the baby shower took on a twisted, confessional edge. Mom started to talk about something very disturbing.....

And it was weird because this is also what happens in "Hereditary".

I mean, it's different.......but......the way in which the actress "lets it out" in your scene with her - the confessional scene - has a lot in common with something that happens in "Hereditary".

Really weird, SB!

Now you can add acting to your resume, and you are ready to work in front of the camera as well as behind it.  :)

I hope you are excited to do more of both.

Go see "Hereditary", if you like horror movies. Conversely, if you don't like them, don't go.

I am gonna start making my own horror movies, in which I stop the problem before it gets too extreme.

Steamrollers, etc.

The movies will be short, and the audience will probably want it's money back.

But I'll get to be the Hero  :)

See you in the morning.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment