Monday, March 3, 2014

Monday Night Love (inspiration)

Good Evening, my Baby,

I'm home. Today was most of the afternoon at the dentist with Pearl. I hope your week is off to a good start, and I saw your Eric Whitacre post this morning - does that mean he is doing a concert or symposium of some type? Is it in your area? If so, I sure hope you get to go.

I got that new 800 page Beatles book at the library today. I'll probably never finish it by the time I have to return it, in three weeks, and there's no way I'll be able to renew it cause there'll be a waiting list, but I'll see how much I can read in the time allotted. I'll start tonight. Then I'll go for my walk at the usual time and be back to write more.

I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

11:10pm : I've been looking for a Youtube of the Schoenberg piano music for a while, especially as played by Pollini, and I finally found the "six pieces". I know a lot of people would listen to that and go "huh"?, or even worse, "that sucks"!, but I enjoy it. Abstract artistry (which to me means "of no conventional format") still has to fill the bill in holding your attention. There are many who will dismiss all abstract art, and that is legitimate. If it doesn't grab them, it doesn't grab them. For me, certain abstract artists and musicians grab me. Schoenberg is one. Not all of his stuff. I'm really only a fan of the Pollini-played "Klavierwerk".

Right now I am in a mode where I am searching for stuff to listen to, and to post, because I go through a lot of music.

I see that you are going to the videography seminar. Have you had a chance to add to the imagery you had been shooting, like the footage you compiled in a video with your music last year? I know it's been freezing outside, maybe (or probably) hard to do stuff. In any case, I am glad you are going.

That inspirational time will return, that feeling of spark when we are both taking pictures and seeing things in new, exciting ways. Having been through it awhile, I know that the spark always returns. You and I are Summer People, and Spring and Fall, too. But Winter.......maybe not so much. But I guarantee you the spark will return. All of a sudden you'll just get the urge to go look at something and see it in a new way.

It's like with a musical intrument; there are only 12 notes in a scale, and musicians play 'em and play 'em and play 'em, for centuries, and after a while it's gotta be tough to feel that spark. Where does inspiration come from, anyway?

No one knows.

But all of a sudden, a guy like Arnold Schoenberg hears those 12 notes in an entirely different way, and he is inspired. And that is the difference between quality abstract and just plain bad abstract, the kind of stuff people say "my three year old could do this". The difference is the inspiration. Inspiration changes the way you see, the way you hear, the way you feel.

So that's what we are always looking for, the inspiration, and it always comes around again.

I Love You, Elizabeth, and I will see you in the morning.   xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment