Saturday, March 8, 2014

We're Going! (Love It!) (spring forward)

Good Morning, Aphrodite!,

Yep, a trip to Britain is definitely on the agenda. :):) It's fascinating, in this book, to read of how rock n' roll just exploded over there, beginning with something called "skiffle", which was a shuffle-style of rhythm-and-blues taken from American black music. But in the book, the guy pins down the timeframe week by week of how it all happened, and how the "skiffle" hits of a singer named Lonnie Donegan inspired so many thousands of British boys to buy guitars. Among them were John Lennon and Paul McCartney, who were also influenced by Elvis and Little Richard.

But what the Brits had that the Americans did not, was centuries of ingrained melodic development, and so when they began writing their own songs, there was this huge melodic element combined with the structure and beat of the American sound. So, it took the English to really turn rock n' roll into the cultural force it became, and it all started in a few specific weeks because of a few specific songs on the BBC.

When you see the pictures of these neighborhoods in Liverpool, or even the poor parts of London, they really are run down and grim looking, so wanting to visit there would be like saying, "Hey! Let's go on vacation to Pittsburgh and see the steel mills"!

The difference is that Liverpool was home to The Beatles, and to see the locations where it all happened would be incredible. And of course London has always been one of my most intended destinations. And the Shakespearian countryside of thatched houses and small forests.

Yep. So we're going!

Well, my sister just called and she is coming over for Saturday shopping. Gotta buy a ton of stuff cause I'm out of everything. I imagine you are working on your video, and if so, I hope it's coming along as you want it to. I'll be back here around 2pm or so, and then home until 4:15, and regular schedule ( or "shed"ule, as the Brits would say!) for the rest of the day.

I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

6:50pm : I'm home. Hey Creative Lady!, I love the title of your film. :) I saw it because Brian tagged you in a post. What a great idea, and you know how much I love books myself, so I am an instant fan, even before your film is finished! You already get an A+ on it, in my book.  ;)

I'm trying to adjust already for the loss of an hour tonight, so I may go on my walk a little earlier. I'm just getting home so I'll see how I feel in a few minutes. You might still be working on the movie. In any case, I'll be back to write more, around the usual time but maybe a few minutes earlier cause of the time change.

I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

(back in a bit)

11:05pm : It's hard for me to adjust to this end of daylight savings, so here I am back at the usual time. I just am not, never have been and never will be an "early-to-bed, early-to-rise" type, Benjamin Franklin be damned, lol. I become energized by the quiet of the evening, so any effort to go to bed early is doomed to fail. So, I'll catch up tomorrow with a nap.

I hope you had fun today with your film, as well as success, and I imagine you are probably still working on it tomorrow. Once you are in that mode you are highly focused (no pun), and it's like when an actor stays in character : you are in The Zone and will get every shot down exactly as you have envisioned it. I did not know you were in a cinema class, but that is fantastic, Elizabeth. You are a natural for film.

Now the days will get longer and the evenings will stretch out......into days and weeks of Spring and Summer. Pockets of light, of different angles, colors and qualities.

I know we'll both be looking for them.

I'll see you in the morn (gonna program my brain as alarm clock so as not to oversleep!)......

I Love You, my Darling. Sweet Dreams.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment