Sunday, March 9, 2014

Sunday Evening Love (missed it) (science and myth)

Good Evening, my Darling,

I'm home from Pearl's. Today was typical Sunday stuff, with Kobedog/CSUN, doing laundry, et al. I figure you've been working on your film all day. Did you have to complete it over the weekend? I only ask because my brother's best friend once had to do just that - complete a student film over a weekend. They shot it at out house, and I remember how hectic it was. People were napping on couches then getting up to shoot again, making use of every available hour they had. I don't know if your shoot is like that, or on a short timetable, but I bet you're having fun! And, I bet it's coming out great, too.

I'm just getting home so I'm gonna chill for a few minutes. I wanna watch the first episode of the new "Cosmos" at 9pm. I'm interested to see how it compares/updates the original. I'm a little concerned about the Seth McFarlane aspect, but I don't think Ann Druyan or Dr. Tyson would have agreed to do it if he was gonna snark it up or make it "cute". It should be pretty good.

I'll be back at the usual time to write more. I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

10:10pm : Doggone it. I didn't get to see the show. I may have mentioned this before, but I don't have cable TV. Because I don't watch a lot of television, I've just never felt the need to spring for cable. Most everything I do watch is on a disc. Consequently, my TV is not hooked up to the cable system in this building, and so my reception can be strong or weak at any given time. That's a problem with digital tv versus the old analog signal. Digital is fine just so long as you are hooked up to cable, whereas an analog signal didn't produce as pristine a picture, but at least you could always adjust your antenna to get something, even with the worst signal.

Long story short, Fox, which is one of the channels I can usually count on, was not working tonight. That sucks, so I am hoping they might have an online rebroadcast every week. Otherwise I'll just have to keep trying each Sunday, or watch the whole thing on dvd in a couple months.

Did you watch? I will try again next week and look for an online version in the meantime.

(back in a few)

11:05pm : Listening to Sonny Boy Bach (CPE), who just had his 300th birthday. His is the closest of the several Bach boys to his Dad's music, and he stands as a great composer in his own right.

It's interesting that right now I am reading Joe's book "The Cosmic War", which engages in what he calls "high octane speculation" about what created the asteroid belt. The speculation mixes mythology into the picture, ancient stories of Wars Of The Gods, multiple and similar catastrophe scenarios from various ancient cultures. In an aside, I was just thinking about that word the other day "cat-astro-phe". I haven't looked up the word origin on that one, but I will. I saw one neat thing in a "Cosmos" promotional vid that I found on the Fox website, and it was a CGI of a large asteroid or planetary body crashing into and burying itself in a larger planet. I hope they get into scenarios like this, the tremendous physical forces that were at play before the solar system "settled down".

There are fascinating anomalies to be talked about, like the "mascons" on the Moon, located beneath the Mares (seas). Mascons are the nickname for areas of "mass concentration" (density) of matter that produces vast fluctuations in gravity. I am pretty sure we have nothing like that on Earth, though there are supposedly a few places (never seen any footage of 'em myself) where a car can be "pulled" uphill by a gravitational anomaly. But on the Moon, it's a demonstrated fact, by NASA. The question is, what causes them? And it could be smaller bodies that have impacted and buried themselves in a larger body. The famed catastrophist Velikovsky theorised that Venus had been a comet that wandered into the solar system and was captured by gravities of neighboring planets. That's why it's atmosphere is still so hot and noxious.

It is also interesting to consider how mass quantities of water come to be on a planet. Mars evidently had enormous quantities of water at some point. There are channels which demonstrate that. Now it is barren. Where does the water go, and is it possible for an enormous quantity of water to be transferred to another planet, as in a monumental "splash effect"? If there were a collision between two bodies, a massive collision, would all the water be splashed away? And could this be the source of the many Flood Myths of antiquity. It is important to consider that we have only a brief recorded history, meaning things that have been written down. That only goes back 5-6000 years, really not long at all. If you thought of time as dollars, and you say "one dollar, two dollars, three dollars".......well, then you see that six thousand "dollars" (years) really isn't very long, and yet that's all the written history we've got!

And yet, there are myths : tales of incredible happenings, monumental happenings, that go back into what is called "high antiquity", a time so remote that no one can recall exactly when it was. And the only way these myths were preserved was through oral tradition. And yet, they were deemed important enough to continue to be passed down.........so, I am interested in the combining of studies : science and myth.

Well, that's all I know for tonight. I Love You, my Angel, and I will see you in the morn.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment