Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Yes Indeed! (TCM) (Your Guide)

Wow! I love those posts, Sweet Baby. That's what I call thinking big, and that's always the way to think, cause that's how intention works. All of those things will happen! It's interesting, reading this book, because each and every one of The Beatles didn't really fit into the scheme of things, in society. Each did poorly in school and was looking at a life of sheer drudgery, low-paying horrible jobs and a dull future.

And yet each guy, even at a young age, knew that wasn't gonna happen to them.

Now, there is no way they could have forseen the unparalleled success that was to come.

But still, even as poor schoolkids in a grim town like Liverpool, they all had that intent, that inner certainty that their lives would be special, and of their own choosing. And then a few years later...........my goodness!

So that's intention for you, and thinking big! What great and beautiful posts, my Darling. You've just made my day!

I Love You, my Darling Elizabeth.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo (hugs and kisses galore!)  :):)

(Gonna pick up Pearl at 2pm, then typical Tuesday shed-yule........)

7:20pm : Got home a little while ago. I love "Texas Chainsaw Massacre", as you know, lol, so I got a kick out of his explanation for the idea of the film. It was always thought he based it, like "Psycho", on the gruesome story of Ed Gein. Anyhow, it's one of my very top movies of all-time, and talk about great cinematography! TCM has it in spades. You know, I think I may have read that because they were operating on a miniscule budget, they bought up what are called "short ends" (spare, unused film from bigger reels), and the stuff they bought was expired. Don't know if that's true or not, but the movie has a grainy, sunwashed look that I've never seen in another film. Nowdays it would be considered unprofessional, but it's what gave TCM it's realistic look. That's why the movie caused such an uproar, cause it looks like real life. Horrific real life, to be sure, but real nonetheless. With TCM, only the first one, the original, is legitimate. The sequel, TCM 2, was also directed by Tobe Hooper, and it's pretty good too. But all remakes in recent years are no good. The original's the real deal (but only if you really like horror films). As for camerawork, there is a legendary tracking shot with Leatherface chasing the heroine through the woods, and they must have used at least a hundred yards of track, and probably more like a quarter mile. The camera follows from different vantage points, and they used a telephoto lens to make it look like he was right behind her. It was incredibly scary!

Yeah, I know.......from "Diary Of A Country Priest" to "Texas Chainsaw Massacre". But that's movies for ya! And with me, only the good ones. You'll hear of no Adam Sandler tracking shots, and the like......  ;)

Well, my Supremely Talented and Inspiring Baby, I hope your day was good. I am gonna read a little John, Paul, George and Ringo, then go for my walk and be back at the usual time.  I Love You!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

(back in a bit)

11:20pm : This was a great day, and it harkened back to the things we were talking about a year ago, about how the only thing that matters is following your dreams, believing they will come true, and in practical matters just making sure you have enough money to take care of business. If you came to California, I think you would like it. I know you still have school to finish, and of course there would be a plan for a stable transition, and all kinds of ways to smooth the pathway, so to speak. But as far as liking it here, I think you would. And I bring it up because of your post this morn, via Sarah.

In your art, I encourage you to always try to uncover what it is that your subconcious (your soul) is trying to say. There are many subtleties involved, and that's why I am always talking about nuance, as in my mention yesterday of camera angles to convey a feeling. But nuance applies to all facets of art and life. In my life, I look back, and going way back to my earliest memories and feelings, I remember the "little bird" feeling, which I have talked about. That feeling that something was being communicated to me. I have remarked that, perhaps, many or even any human could say this, because we all have an inner voice. But in me, when I look back, it was something different, something specific. Something not inner, but outer. An outside source, like a guide.

It took me years and years and years, but I kept following it, even though it was vague in my youth. In my 30s it became clearer, and in my 40s, definite. I can't say I "know why I'm here" (the ultimate philosophical question), but after all this time I do know what I want to say. And so that is my study, that is my art.

It will become important at some point. For people like you and I, we sometimes have to wait for the world to catch up. But we must still stand by our guide, that is guiding us to our art. Imagine knowing something incredible is buried in a certain spot. You don't know exactly what it is, but you know it's down there.

So you keep digging.

I loved Matthew Maconaughey's speech at the Oscars because he talked about gratitude and how it pays back exponentially, and I have found that to be true.

When you have something important inside you, and you don't know exactly what it is, but you have a hunch, you know you need to keep digging for it. And so you are taking it on faith that it will be revealed to you. And so, you feel gratitude for that, and you express it........and you are provided with the means and opportunities to keep digging.

This is what I mean when I say "life is magic", and "life is huge". Those statements can apply to all kinds of other experiences, too, but most of all they apply to your raison d'etre. 

I encourage you to look back on how your life has changed, just in the past couple years. You may or may not notice big changes, but I'll bet you notice a lot of little ones.

That is your guide at work. Keep following it.

I Love You, my Angel.   xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

Sweet Dreams, and I will see you in the morn.........

No comments:

Post a Comment