Thursday, March 13, 2014

JAL to Mother Nature : "No More Snow"! (I Love You) (sweet dreams)

Good Morning, my Baby,

I'm just getting home. A different schedule today because Pearl's Thursday hair appointment was cancelled cause her stylist is out of town, so we took Kobedoggie to Balboa Park instead. Now I am off until 4:30. I am sorry to see your post about further snowstorms, and though the picture is beautiful, I agree with the sentiment of the photographer : "Enough already". Spring will be here in a week and I hope nature takes the hint. I wish you a nice, warm Springtime and send you good thoughts and energy in that regard.

Your Spring Break will be coming up, and may it coincide with perfect weather.

I'm gonna hang around for a bit and do some tidying up. I'll check in before I head back to Pearl's.

I Love You and I'm thinking about you.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

4:35pm :  Hey, Sweet Baby. I'm writing from Pearl's, cause I was running a few minutes late at home. Tonight is movie night, we are gonna see Ray's "Charulata". I think it runs about 2hrs, so I'll be back at 10 or 10:15pm. I hope you are having a nice evening, all schoolwork is going well, etc. I hope you got good results on your film, too. I know you did. :)

Right now I am making some split pea soup. It's just for me, for later. Once I get it to simmer, I will go feed the Black Kitty. The Kobedog will come with me, because he always gets to lick out the can. He loves cat food! I think it's the oil in the food. He always likes to bark at Black Kitty, too. She eats up on top of the shed, and he barks at her to come out, like "Hey Cat! Adam's putting your food out. C'mon out and eat"!

So we'll go do that in just a minute.

I'll be here of course until 6:30, and then I'll see you after the movie. I Love, Love, Love You!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

11pm : Listening to Rameau. Tonight's movie was one of the best yet of the Ray series. It's slow (and you've really gotta be able to deal with that in a lot of art cinema), but the payoff is a cumulative effect. "Charulata" is another story about the struggle of women in India, in this case in the late 19th century. In this case, the woman, Charulata, is the wife of a publisher. She is not poor and lives in a luxurious home. But she is constrained by her role as a "wife". In Indian society, women rarely even left the premises of their homes. Her husband is visited by a cousin who is a writer. He befriends Charulata, who discovers that she, too, can write. The husband runs a newspaper - he is only interested in politics, so he is the odd man out.

But the film is so much more than it's plot. Once again, it's in the imagery. Camera placement (pov) is super important to Ray. He may be one of the all time pov directors, who implies the inner thoughts and emotions of a character purely through the angle and motion of his camera. There is also a lot of metaphor in the dialogue, and a lot of it is referenced to Indian culture, so the Western viewer generally will not get the references.........and it's a slow film.

But again, it's a film that has a cumulative effect : the story, the dialogue, the wonderful acting, and especially the imagery and placement of camera, all add up to create a film that sticks with you.

I saw your post earlier, and I see that the Copenhagen program is for Fall semester, so I guess Italy must be for Fall, too. It will be an experience you will always remember!

I will see you in the morning, my Darling. I Love You.

Sweet Dreams.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment