Thursday, August 3, 2017

Leery Of Leary + Shakespeare

Slow day, nothing much to report. More Monsoon weather, heavy clouds & humidity. Not as hot, though, low 90s. Except for a few sporadic bursts of triple digits beginning in late June, maybe ten days worth from then til now, we really haven't had a very hot Summer. Mostly low 90s, like today.

Bring on the heat already, so it will feel like Summer. Hot and dry is the best.

I miss writing to The SB. I am pretty sure she doesn't even read this blog anymore, and I am still wondering what happened, but anyway - Elizabeth, on the off chance that you do read this, I hope all is well. I did see you today, a couple of times, in the right hand column on FB, of people who are online. But still no posts, for a couple of weeks now, and really only a few for a very long time. I miss seeing your concert photos, too, so I hope you are still shooting all of your bands at shows. Your professional website looks great; and it looks to have been recently updated (with the Artistry In Advertising motif), so I suppose all must be going well in the scheme of things. I hope it is. I miss you, SB.  :):)

No movie tonight; instead, Grimsley came over with a tape he wanted me to hear, of various recordings of Timothy Leary speaking, reciting his poetry and generally pontificating. Grim knows I am not a big Leary fan, and wanted to play me the tape just to "nudge" me. I mean - yes, I have taken LSD in my life, the last time being around 35 years ago - but I was never into the philosophies of spaced-out "gurus" like Leary, who spouted feel-good aphorisms about drugs that sounded very naive and childish, not only in retrospect but even at the time, back in the 70s when I first heard him. Leary's whole approach sounds like Mind Control, with gullible Hippies as his subjects, and having read the many books I've studied on the subject of the CIA and MK-Ultra, I wouldn't be surprised if Leary was associated with The Agency in some way. And after all, it was the CIA that introduced LSD to America. That's a fact.

At any rate, Leary influenced a lot of people, including John Lennon, who wound up getting killed by the same kind of "lone gunman" that we see in all the other assassinations from the 1960s up to the early 80s, including the attempts on Reagan and The Pope (that guy used a knife, but he was still a "lone nut").

I have no idea where I am going with this tangent, but one thing that drives my thinking each and every day of my life is my intuition. It is powerful, usually in the Ballpark Of Being Correct, often Right On The Money, and overall Quite Powerful. I would not have made it through life without my intuition.

And I never thought Timothy Leary was a good guy. Anyhow - end of tangent.

Tomorrow night I will go to Warner Center for the return of Shakespeare By The Sea. I love those guys, and I have been going to their shows since 2014, so this will be my fourth season. They will be performing "The Taming Of The Shrew", which I have not seen, so I am super looking forward to it! It will take me about 20 minutes or so to get the hang of the language, as always, but it's so much fun to get into the spirit of it. This troupe of actors is so good that you get hooked, and then you come back every year like I do. I will also be seeing them on Saturday night at Los Encinos, the park with the Adobe that is second oldest in the Valley. That's my favorite setting for the Shakespearians. I will sit up close, because then you are almost part of the action. "Taming Of The Shrew" will be performed both nights. They are also doing "Macbeth" this season, but unfortunately no performances near me.

That's all I know for tonight.

SB? Are you there?............

No comments:

Post a Comment