Sunday, August 6, 2017

Shakespeare By The Sea + "Sinister Forces"

Went again this evening to watch the gang from Shakespeare By The Sea, this time at Los Encinos Historic Park in (where else?) Encino. That's the park on Ventura just past Balboa that has the Adobe built in 1849, second oldest in the Valley after the Andres Pico Adobe in Mission Hills. It's a great setting for Shakespeare, on the lawn in back near the old blacksmith's shop. I have been attending the SBTS shows at Los Encinos since 2014, and they always draw a good crowd, several hundred I'd guess.

What can I tell you about Shakespeare By The Sea, except that I love these guys. They really put the joy and creativity of Shakespeare's world into each performance. I know I probably said exactly the same thing two nights ago, but it is always true for every show. The highest compliment I can give this group is that - for the approximate two hours running time of each play - I am 100% immersed. Not only in the story and the acting and the whole show, but in that world. I have not a thought nor care of anything else when I am watching them. It's like time travel. That's how good they are.

If I was wealthy, I would fund them. That's how good they are.

Well anyhow, that was the local shows for this Summer. A possibility remains for the Beverly Hills show next week, which will depend on the timings of my work schedule.

No other news to report, except for a hike at Santa Susana this afternoon. Fairly hot (93 degrees), but as I said the other day, we are not having a particularly hot Summer. More like middling so far. 2014, when I first began hiking, was truly hot, which probably helped to hook me in the first place.

Tomorrow's anthem for church is pretty easy, a Contemporary Christian song called "Here I Am To Worship". I'm not a huge fan of that genre, but what can you do?

I finished my Peter Levenda book : "Sinister Forces (with a long subtitle)". It was "Book One" in a trilogy, and I have already ordered Book Two. You know how the other day I told you to read "Rule By Secrecy" by Jim Marrs? Well, if Book One is any indication, this series by Mr. Levenda is another Absolute Must Read if you really and truly want to know What's Going On.

If you want to get a half-measure of what's going on (lower case lettering intended), you can stick with NPR, and Amy Goodman, and phoney baloney liberal and right-wing so-called "alternative news" media.

And if you want to be Entirely Deluded as to What Is Going On (meaning intentionally disinformed), you can continue to watch the mainstream news media; CNN and MSNBC and FOX and all that other stuff that mesmerises you and keeps you Amped Up.

But if you want to know what is Really Going On, you can read books.

Books written by researchers of exceptional ability. It takes time to read books, I realise. Myself, I try to read 30 pages per day, which takes me about 90 minutes give or take. I am not a speed reader, and anyway this type of material deserves to be patiently digested. But if I stick to that daily allotment, then at the end of each month (or every 30 days) I have read 900 pages - the equivalent of two 450 page books or three 300 page books.

You can do that every single month, just by reading for an hour and a half per day. But even if you only have time to read ten pages a day, you should still do it. Better you do that then watch "The News".

Check my books listing on Facebook for books I highly recommend. Recently, they would include the works of Phillip F. Nelson, Joseph P. Farrell, Wendy Painting and Peter Levenda. But there are many, many more.

One day, I am gonna find myself a researcher. A really good one. One of the best.

And then I am gonna find out what happened to me in 1989.

And then I will know the truth, which is important to know, and which is evil to conceal.

No comments:

Post a Comment