Friday, August 4, 2017

"The Taming Of The Shrew" + Jim Marrs

"The Taming Of The Shrew" was a total blast. I got to Warner Park at about 6:45, found some lawn space up close to the stage, and sat down to enjoy the show, which began shortly thereafter. I have been attending the local Summer shows of Shakespeare By The Sea (who are based out of San Pedro, hence their name) since 2014, so this is my fourth season. So far, I have seen "Hamlet", "A Midsummer Night's Dream", "The Tempest", "Othello" and tonight........"The Shrew". It is quite a raucous play. The Shrew in question is a real harridan at the beginning, punching and kicking servants and suitors, abusing her kindly sister. The play is a comedy, so this is all done with a wink and a nod, and it's actually very funny, especially as played by the young woman in the lead role. SBTS always have the most talented, expressive troupe of actors, many of whom I have seen for four years now. But the lead was a new actress, and she was great. I can't imagine that "Shrew" would be altogether politically correct in some circles today, but the heck with that. If you really pay attention, you will see that Shakespeare was highly attuned to the dueling willpowers of the Battle Of The Sexes, and he represents both the feminine and masculine viewpoints equally.

That was his whole point: Equality. William was ahead of his time (which goes without saying).

After all the struggles, love results. In that respect, "Shrew" has a lot in common with "As You Like It", which we saw last year.

I have gotten much better at understanding the rapid and voluminous Shakespearean dialogue over the years, and tonight I was able to follow it all the way through, for the most part.

The actors are so good, and what I like most about the SBTS troupe is their vibrancy. The words really come alive, and you find yourself "inside the play". And when you do, you want to remain a part of Shakepeare's World. In that way, he has a lot in common with Walt Disney, our modern Icon Of Imagination. When you go to Disneyland, you never want to leave.

Shakepeareland, anyone?

I think I just invented a new theme park.  :)

If I did, I would have these young actors as my first choice cast.  ////

I neglected to mention a night or two ago the passing of Jim Marrs. He was most famous for writing a book called "Crossfire", about the JFK assassination, which became the prime source material for Oliver Stone's 1991 film "JFK". With that movie, Stone introduced the world to the multitude of players that were likely involved in the murder of the President. But it was Jim Marrs who initially researched the connections and the intrigue by which these people all fit together in a previously incomplete puzzle.

As far as JFK goes, Marrs connected a lot of dots that had been presented by previous authors. Such was his expertise as an investigative journalist. Upon his passing, Dr. Joseph Farrell (probably my most highly regarded researcher) cited Marrs as his major influence.

Jim Marrs once wrote a book called "Rule By Secrecy". I think it came out about 12 years ago, give or take. If I had to pick one book - just one - to explain what has happened to America, and by extension to the world at large, I would choose "Rule By Secrecy".

It changed my life, because it opened my eyes to the workings of Those Who Really Call The Shots.

Others have written such books, about The Illuminatti, or the Bilderburgers or whomever.

Ho hum, in most cases, because most authors do not have the ability to put the Whole Show together.

Jim Marrs put it all together, in "Rule By Secrecy".

I am pretty sure I said this when I first read it, in some blog or another, but I will repeat it now for good measure.

If you want to know what is really going on in the world - how the world really works - read "Rule By Secrecy". More than any other book, read that one first.

When you read it, you will stop paying attention to the distraction of what is called "The News", because you will have a greater understanding of why "The News" exists. You will understand how things came to be in our modern system of living, especially our economic system.

Jim Marrs taught people to really think about things, and he did not just present surface level investigative reporting, as so many so-called "popular" journalists do.

He went for The Real Story, he went for The Jugular, he went for The Truth.

What more can you ask for?

Thank You, Mr. Marrs.  //// 

No comments:

Post a Comment