Tuesday, August 15, 2017

SB + Aliso Spiders

Hi, Elizabeth. :) Just in case you are still reading this blog, I wanted to say that I saw your pics on FB this morning, and read the news about your brother, and even though I don't know him I just wanted to say congratulations. That is wonderful news for him, his fiancee, and for your family also. I normally would hit the "like" button for any photos you post, but in this case I felt it wasn't my place to do so. Those were very sweet pictures, though. Maybe you will be the wedding photographer too!  :)

I forgot to mention yesterday that I saw an FB post by you, I think it was on Saturday night. I've only seen about two or three posts in about a month, so I have just figured you are not around, but anyhow this post was via Drewsif and it had to do with computer upgrading and computer crashing. Here at the blog, I had mentioned not seeing the Macintosh anymore on my stats, so I thought that perhaps the Drewsif post meant that you are using a different computer now. At any rate, please know that I am still keeping an eye out for your posts, and "posts You like", which was our means of communication. I don't know if you want to communicate with me anymore, but if you do I am here. It's just that our communication had been precarious for a long time, and then the bottom fell out in June. That's why I stopped posting my nightly :):) songs on FB, and why I began to write this blog "to myself" (i.e. random incoherent thoughts, haha) instead of writing specifically to you. I would be glad to go back to the original way of doing things, but only if you want to. As you know, I am "tuned in" where communication is concerned, so if you want to reconnect, I will get the message. :)

No worries either way. I hope you are enjoying the adjustment of living on your own and being in the big city. I will bet it's quite exciting, even though new to you.  :)

I am just doing The Usual. Hey : it's what I do, lol. Somebody's gotta do The Usual, right? So for now, it's me. One day I hope to do The Unusual.......but in a good way.

Hmmmm, be careful Ad, about hoping for The Unusual.  :)

But you know what I mean. Just stuff that's Unusual For Me. Like going to Disneyland, and to Liverpool, and....to Disneyland Paris! Although I am not sure I would wanna do much traveling nowdays.

I hope The World gets better, and heals up. All I see is hotheads everywhere on the Internet. Everybody's got an opinion on everything; everybody is an expert on every subject. What a Kindergarten.

Your brother has the right idea. Find someone you love and get married. Make sure it's the right person of course. In his case no doubt it is. And then, lock things down. Focus on family, and love, and partnership, and sharing life, sharing soul, and everything that is good about life.

And here I must use bold type : Because - despite all the agitation going on - and despite Life On The Computer, where everyone's Id comes out to play, making life seem much more horrible than it is (and ironically, promoting more horribleness by continuing the endless confrontations), there is in fact Much More That Is Incredibly Beautiful And Magical About Life, than that which is horrible.

All anyone has to do is take that path, of beauty and wonder. Look at the Earth and Sky and the millions of components of thought and of Life.

End of Bold Typeface.

The Usual today was to read my current books, in between work hours, and to go for an Aliso Canyon walk at 3pm, which was undertaken for the purpose of Spider Web photography. August seems to be the month in which the eight-legged little guys do their best work. Aliso seems to be The Place, as far as spiders are concerned. I have checked other of my favorite places for webs, and have found few to none at Santa Su, Limekiln, O'Melveney and Whitney Canyon. I think it's because those places have too much sunlight coming in. Aliso, in it's most enchanting sections, is like a dark, ancient and dry forest. It's like Lord Of The Rings, as I've said, or something equally old. And the spiders seem to favor it, because of it's darkness. The oak trees blot out most of the sunlight.

I got some good Spider Web pics today, but I didn't post any yet because I only wanna post really goods ones, the ones that capture something supernatural, which - in combination - the Spiders and Their Webs and The Trees and The Old Forest are certainly attuned to. All you've gotta do is go into Aliso in August, when it hot and dark, and when you are the only one there. Then you can feel it.

You can feel Their World. The world of The Spiders. You can see it in their webs, and from a photographic standpoint, it is very interesting, because what you see and feel is much more than gossamer strands......

You see homes, you see villages. You see, in August at least, that This Is Their Place. You are in Spider Country. And they don't know of human chaos. And so you can tune into their world for a few minutes.

There are many "worlds" you can pay attention to, on Earth, besides what is going on in popular discussion. And when you do this, when you explore the world in large and small ways (and do so in past and present, as with old books and movies, for instance), you will be reinforced in your spirit and you will know that The Good far outweighs The Bad here on Earth. In fact, it's not even close.

I've said it a lot lately, but I'll say it once more for good measure :

Don't participate in Modern Groupthink. Don't follow The News. It is poison.

Follow what you know is good.  ///

No comments:

Post a Comment