Monday, August 14, 2017

Vulnerability

I re-read my blog from last night, and - Good Grief, Ad - in the future I will try to organise my thoughts in a more coherent manner if I am gonna write a long diatribe about a subject. I began the blog only wanting to give my opinion on the Michael Salla book, but then I got sidetracked by the news of all that Nazi stuff, and I got all worked up and went on a tangent. And so my thoughts on The Nordics and the contents of the book in general were never completed. Sorry about that.

What happens when I am writing a blog - if I have a lot I want to say - is that, because I write at a late hour and am often tired when writing, I then start trying to write as fast as I can, so that I will not forget, in my tiredness, all the things I want to convey. And the result is sometimes like what happened last night : in trying to get every last thought out of my head, I leave things unfinished. I may start on Nordics, or whatever, but then I switch to another subject and never finish my point on The Nordics.

And so it goes, on down the line, when I have A Bunch Of Things I Wanna Say, but am limited by factors of tiredness and time, the late night hour. I jumble things up and leave thoughts incomplete.

Sorry once again. I can write coherently (and last night's blog wasn't downright terrible) but I will try to slow down in the future, even if it means just sticking to one subject and writing a shorter blog.

Any-old-how...... :)

Good singing in church this morn. We had a song with a fair amount of difficulty, due mostly to the sheer number of syllables and the breath control needed to get through them. The song was called "Come Christians Join To Sing", and there is a lot of "going up and down the ladder" in harmony and counterpoint. A lot of drawn out "Alleluias" ala Handel. The pace was quick as well, so you had to be alert while singing it, but it came out pretty doggone good, I think.

The afternoon was spent beginning Yet Another Book : Book Two of Peter Levenda's "Sinister Forces" trilogy, with the subtitle "A Warm Gun". I have completed the first 25 pages. I feel like I am getting a crash course master's degree in occult studies, though I should definitely clarify that I am not into occult practices myself. No freaking way. But I study it because of my life's experience, and because of it's overall long term effect on the World. I study the subject of Evil and of it's Bad Guy Practitioners in the same way a police detective studies the clues left by a murderer. I study to know everything I can about what people do in this world that harms other people, and quite frankly because my life has been so affected by secrets, which are "things hidden", which translates to Occult.

And when you look into the history of power, religion and politics in America, the Occult is everywhere. And it is hidden. Levenda pulls it out of the shadows, for he has a formidable knowledge of the subject.

Finally, it should be noted that not all Occult practices are evil. White Witchery, for instance. That's the main one I can think of. I use a general term because I don't know if Wicca is specifically about white magic practiced by women, but anyhow.......you get the idea. One could say that astrology is a "lite" form of Occult, and it is certainly not evil. So I do believe in some Occult practices (and I'm a Tree Hugger and all that stuff) but the negative aspect I want no part of except to study and know about it.

I don't like That Which Is Hidden. I don't like Secret Groups, Secret Societies. I don't like Secrecy Oaths. I don't like Non-Disclosure Oaths.

What I do like is Truth and Openness.

I believe very strongly in Vulnerability. Vulnerability means laying yourself out there; letting things out of your system, even if doing so makes you nervous or afraid.

A good way to practice vulnerability is to be vulnerable to yourself before you try it out on anyone else.

If you are harboring things - feelings, secrets, or burdens of any kind inside you - what you can do is to Acknowledge These Things To Yourself. Make Yourself Vulnerable To Yourself. Tell Yourself The Truth About The Things You Are Feeling or Harboring. As you do this, and practice this, you will become more confident in your emotions. You will come to know that it is okay to feel, or to think, whatever you may be thinking or feeling (and of course we are not talking about psychopaths here, so don't get technical on me). I am talking about the "normal" range of emotions, and thoughts, which are in fact a very wide range indeed. They comprise basically any thought of feeling that does not involve hurting anyone, including yourself.

Express yourself, to yourself. Learn to be vulnerable, and eventually you will really open yourself up emotionally.

Do not repress things too deeply. 

I do not mean that you should Over Emote, and have an Outburst At Every Little Thing. That idea has caused much of the societal problem we find ourselves in. So, a little bit of repression is good.

Knowing nuance is the key, as always.

But in the deepest most personal sense, practice vulnerability. Open yourself up to the world and to it's blessings, which are everywhere, every day. To do this, be quiet and go inside yourself for a few minutes. Look around, as I have suggested. "Look Up".

Let things you are feeling be expressed. But only in words. Words, used properly and spoken, either to yourself or others, can go a long way to solving any problem.

And to relieving the World of kept secrets. ///// 

No comments:

Post a Comment