Friday, September 4, 2020

Dinnertime (for Elizabeth)

Hi Elizabeth! Yeah, that's me knocking on your door. Sorry to come over unannounced, but once you posted the photos of your homemade pesto & pasta, I started getting very hungry. I don't suppose you have any extra? You do? Great, cause I'm starved. We can have dinner together, I'll do the dishes as always, and I brought a bottle of wine, too. So we're all set! Seriously, though, all kidding aside (even though I wasn't really kidding) - Man it sure looks good! I love pesto, too. Have you ever had it in an aioli sauce? Or on a pizza?

Now I'm working myself up again. But I like your restaurant! :):) You always have such a nice presentation of your meals, everything looks so good on the plate. Better make mine a double order. :):)

I hope you are enjoying the last weeks of Summer. I've finally gotten out on a couple of hikes, both at Aliso Canyon. I love the light quality at the end of Summer, it's angled a little bit so it's a tad softer and more golden. Good for photography! Hopefully I can get some good pictures soon. One thing I've been noticing is that we haven't had many spectacular sunsets this year. The sky is too clear; we need some clouds or jet contrails to add patterns and color.

Anyway, after I finish my hike I'll be back over for dessert! Then we can go for a nice evening walk, maybe do some painting afterward. :):) Or if you wanna work on music, I can be your assistant. Or I can just sit off to the side and read a book, and if you need an overdub of soprano recorder (a few notes sprinkled here and there), you can call me over and I'll be ready.

But if you keep cooking like that, I'll pretty much be over all the time. My stomach will be calling the shots and I'll have no choice but to obey. Next time, I'll try to call in advance, though.

But yeah......we could do everything together.

I love you.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)





x

No comments:

Post a Comment