Friday, September 18, 2020

Looking Good + Hiking Is Back + Prog List

That was a nice picture of you this morning, Elizabeth. You woke up feeling fancy - I like it! I've gotta try that one of these days, cause I'm usually a jeans and t-shirt guy, although I did dress fancy for church, but then it was always covered up by my choir robe, haha. But yeah, I like that combination you are wearing, and it looks like you have shoes or boots to match your skirt.

(wait a minute.......what am I, a fashion expert all of a sudden?) 

Doggone right I am! It's easy when I have the SB at my side (cause you always look good).  :):)

I hope you had a nice day. The smoke has partially cleared here, enough to bring the air quality index (AQI) back down to moderate levels. You can actually see the mountains again, so today I went to O'Melveny Park in Granada Hills for a hike. Hadn't been there in many months, so it was good to be back and I took a few pics, one is posted on FB. Yesterday I went up to Aliso for my first hike since the fires began. It looks like the air will continue to clear, so things are getting better. 

I am reading Pete Way's book : "A Fast Ride Out Of Here : Confessions of Rock's Most Dangerous Man". Pete was the bass player for UFO, one of the great hard rock bands of all time. He died recently at age 69, but his book is a great read, and I was fortunate enough to see UFO on one of their first US tours, in September 1975, at the Starwood Club in Hollywood. I think I already mentioned that a few blogs back.

Tonight's album was "The Missing Piece" by Gentle Giant, the first of their so-called "commercial" records, but it sounds incredible to me. 

Now, I will list my Top Twenty Favorite Prog Bands, just for something to do. Individual artists are also included :

1) Emerson Lake and Palmer

2) Yes

3) Genesis (up to "Wind and Wuthering")

4) King Crimson

5) Gentle Giant (who I am tempted to put in the #3 spot)

6) Van Der Graaf Generator/ Peter Hammil

7) Camel

8) Rick Wakeman

9) Utopia/ Todd Rundgren

10) Caravan

11) Mike Oldfield

12) Strawbs

13) Porcupine Tree/ Steven Wilson

14) Moody Blues 

15) UK

16) Tangerine Dream

17) PFM

18) Marillion

19) Soft Machine

20) 7th Wave


That's all for tonight. Sleep well and I will see you in the morning!

I love you, Elizabeth.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment