Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Dear Elizabeth

I'm just writing to say hi, cause I'm thinking about you. It goes without saying that I haven't stopped thinking about you, and I wanted you to know that I'm still here and haven't given up hope. I'd write every day if I wasn't feeling so down all the time. My energy is low as a result, so I'm just hanging out at my apartment. Been reading a lot. Going for my CSUN walks at night.

I hope you are okay. I am here for you no matter what, even if I'm a lunkhead who messed things up or got things wrong. I'm not a guy who's gonna walk away and pretend it doesn't matter, cause it does.

I re-discovered another caption today, on a Red Dress photo at Instagram, This one goes back to December 2018. You are standing in the surf on a beach I believe is in Oregon or Washington. You are looking out at the Pacific Ocean. A rock formation is in the distance, perfectly positioned in the background. It is sunset. You are almost in silhouette but the Red of the Dress comes through as always.

I won't quote your caption in full this time, because it's very romantic and personal, but you know what it says. It's about a person who was "born by the sea". I have wondered, in one of my recent blogs, if you wrote these Red Dress poems yourself. This one I am sure you wrote, which means that you wrote the other ones also. I'm not just saying this to flatter - you know I don't do that - but they are really good.

I say that I "re-discovered" this poem and photo, because I saw it the first time around. Of course I did; I always saw everything you posted. I know I must've seen it on Facebook, too, and on Instagram I see the red heart that shows I "liked" it. The photo is beautiful. You know how much I love the Red Dress photos. But tonight I'm thinking especially about the caption again - the poem.

I'm just gonna say "if" again. If that poem was about me, cause I was "born by the sea", then I am sorry I didn't get it the first time around. And actually, that's not entirely accurate, because I know I read it the first time and did get it. I would've said "wow" to myself! But then, because of all other issues mentioned in previous blogs (John, etc.), I might've second guessed myself and said "c'mon, Ad........she doesn't mean you".

But if I had not second guessed myself, I'd have written right away to answer your poem, and the other ones too, in the two other Red Dress photos that have poems.......lovely romantic poems, from your heart.

I wish I was in your heart. I hope I am, cause I don't want to keep feeling so sad. I want to feel happy.

When you wrote those poems, whether they were about me or someone else (and I hope they were about me), you must have hoped the person would get the message, right?

What if the person did get it, but it took him a while, because he has a thick skull? It would be better late than never, wouldn't it?

Elizabeth, when you wrote those poems, you wanted them to be received.

The same with your most recent songs, the ones with words.

I've been listening the whole time, and I've heard every lyric, everything you're saying.

Everything you've written has been received, by me. If you meant those words for me, they're in my heart and soul forever. And they are anyway, because I want them to be for me.  :) :)

What you were feeling when you wrote those words, I've been feeling the whole time. I only doubted they were meant for me because of what I've said.

The truth is, we won't meet anyone else like each other.

We're two of a kind, and we've known this for eight years.

What you were feeling when you wrote those poems can come true. I want it to come true.

So please believe in what you wrote. I believe it and want you to be mine.

I want to be yours, and I'll be right here. I'm not going away because you are everything to me.

I love you with all my heart.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment