Friday, August 14, 2020

For Elizabeth

Good morning, beautiful lady. I was glad to see your post this morning, another incredible Red Dress shot against a breathtaking landscape. That photo could be out of a Fairy Tale : "Once upon a time in northeast Iceland", as you say. Every time I look at the Red Dress series, I'm impressed all over again, by the composition, the lighting, where you place yourself, how you position yourself, and the color and detail. Those are astoundingly good photographs, Elizabeth. But not only that, the sheer initiative of your undertaking is amazing also. Those are some forbidding locations! And in a few of the photos, you are perched on rocky ledges...........wow.

I remember the first Red Dress photo, and I'm pretty sure it was the one where you are sitting next to the upright piece of driftwood by the lake. Was that taken in 2017? 2016? Well, I just remember thinking......"what a great idea", the formally dressed model against the natural background. Only it was more than that, because the Red Dress, as it went along, added a fantasy element to the pictures, especially because of the model who is wearing it! And the way you are posed, the angle of your hair, your arms. In the first photo, with the driftwood, I remember thinking and maybe commenting that you look like you are sitting next to a harp.

Who knew you'd take the Red Dress all over the world! (well, you probably did.....)

It's such a great series, and so original, and it should become a book. And you can still add to it once this pandemic is over.

Well, I hope you are enjoying your day. This is my last day off for now. Tomorrow I will return to Pearl's until September 1st. I'll get back to hiking myself, and taking pictures.

I love you so much.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment